I love decorating with bright bold colors and since I've been having this thing for orange lately, I decided to go with that and turquoise. There's this party supply store in Los Gatos that I've driven by a million times. I've been wanting to go in to see what they have and yesterday I chose to do my birthday decorating shopping there.
When I walked in I was surprised to see how large and basically overstocked they were. I was really excited! I immediately found the party table supplies and made my selections of orange and turquoise plates, napkins, spoons, forks, table cloths, balloons and crape paper. The colors looked so bright and cheery together and I couldn't wait for yesterday to come to put it all together.
My mother-in-law came over around 2pm to help me set everything up and it looked so nice. It was very simple but nice for the size party we were having. Almost everyone brought a dish of some sort and Ben and I marinated some chicken to BBQ. It was all so delicious! I was bummed that not many leftovers were left...but that doesn't stop me from making more!
For dessert I made chocolate cupcakes that I smothered with cream cheese frosting that I colored with orange and blue food coloring. They looked so nice on the colored plates! Everyone said how much they loved the colors I choose and how they would make great colors for my sister's bridal shower next month. I just may have to use them!
We all played a little bit of Wii Sports (which I kicked my friend's butt in tennis by the way!) and ended the night with a couple episodes of The Office...love that show!
Here are some pics of the festivities!






The birthday boy and his sister Kathleen

My sister Lisa and her fiance Paul

All-in-all we had a great time! Happy Birthday Benjamin!





















The birthday party pics were awesome! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun too!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the email too!