Monday, August 31, 2009

bridal shower weekend fun

This past Saturday was my sister's bridal shower and boy am I pooped! I was working from Monday up until 1:55pm on Saturday (the shower started at 2pm!). We all had such a fun time, well I know I did, I can't speak for everyone else, but I hope they had fun!

We went with a tea theme and ran with it! I made three different tea sandwiches, two types of scones, one broccoli quiche and over two dozens devil's food cupcakes! I set everything up on my kitchen table and I think it turned out so cute!

I'm going to post about the shower in a couple different segments, today's all about the set up!





This is the tiered patter with the three types of tea sandwiches, chicken salad, egg salad and p,b&j:


I decorated with Martha Stewart flower pom pom's by simply stringing some fishing line across the ceiling. I think they turned out pretty cute! My hubby even made a couple!


I found this really fun paper store called PaperSource last week at Santana Row and was inspired to make this fun "Congratulations Lisa" banner. I added a few daisies here and there which I just purchased from Michaels on the scrapbook isle. Sorry that you can't really see what is says...


I set the drink station up in the entry way. We had lemonade, water with slices of lemon floating on top, coffee and sangria that Lisa made herself!


Lisa's soon.to.be sister.in.law Nicole brought a chocolate fondue fountain...YUM-O!!!
She also brought a large spread of fruits!


And this is the favor table. I made large round sugar cookies and frosted them with white royal icing. The plan was for me to actually decorate them all myself, but time got the better of me and Lisa helped. I think she did a fabulous job!


This is the cupcake tier of devil's food cupcakes! I made them from the Martha Stewart Cupcake Cookbook. I felt that they turned out a little dry but overall they were good.

Oh...and in case you're wondering where I got those beautiful green depression glass dishes, I borrowed them from my mother.in.law. She loves shopping at antique stores and has been collecting depression glass for many years. I'm happy that she trusted me with them! They are from like the '40's and '50's!!!

I'll end today's post with one last shot of the table....I had so much fun putting this shower together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin