Wednesday, August 12, 2009

can I do you a "favor"?

So the count down is on for my sister's bridal shower. It's scheduled for the 29th so that gives me approximately 2.5 weeks until showtime.

Since I've been learning a lot playing around with Photoshop, I decided to make her invitations. They turned out so cute if I do say so myself...and I will! We're going for a pink and green color scheme with some oranges thrown in here and there and maybe some white. The inspiration for these colors came from my mother.in.law's birthday get together back in April. My sister.in.law put it together and she did a great job!

Here's a pic of the invite...oh and if you haven't noticed, it was the inspiration for the new look to my blog (have you noticed how much I like it yet?).



As I searched online for favor ideas, I decided that it was in my best interest and pocketbook to make them myself. I'm going to make round sugar cookies with white icing and I purchased edible cookie decorating pens to add Lisa's new last name initial on them (although it's the same as her first name so it may be confusing to some).

I'm going to practice making them tonight so that I can get them just right and I'm going to wrap them in cellophane bags and tie them with pink and green curling ribbon...I'm so excited!!! I'll post more about my shower planning as I get things together. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Those sound fab! I think anything edible makes a good favor.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin