I heard the most horrible news this evening.
Last week, I had the pleasure of meeting a woman named Sarah who was just hired as an assistant manager at my work. Before meeting her, some other employees referred to her as "preggers". So when I first saw her, I knew who she was. And pregnant she was. About 7.5 months pregnant.
She had the perfect round pregnant belly (one that I didn't have until much further into my pregnancy) and she was cute. We chatted about her due date (Nov. 6), if it was a boy or girl (girl), what they were going to name the baby (Kayleigh), how she was going to decorate the nursery and I told her a bit about my Evan. She was going to go with yellow and green for the nursery, just like we did. She sounded excited. I was excited for her.
As I was working this evening, a co-worker mentioned how she thought that they (they, as in our managers at work) needed to hire more people, especially managers. I thought that this was odd since we had just hired two new managers within the past two weeks, Sarah being one of them. So I asked her why.
And then I heard the most horrible thing I think anyone could ever ever say. Sarah had lost the baby. Sometime yesterday, the baby's heart just stopped beating. Just stopped beating. How does that happen? My heart hurts so much for her. I couldn't believe it when I heard it.
I remember being so fearful throughout my pregnancy with Evan about this very thing. I obsessively counted kicks 24-7 and then worried it he moved too much. It was awful. But in the end, I didn't really believe anything bad would end up happening. But it's possible.
Would you join me in prayer for Sarah, her husband and their family and friends? I'm sure, no, I'm positive, they really need it right now.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















O My Gosh! How devastating! I will be praying for her & her family as they are going through these hard times :(
ReplyDeleteThat is beyond-words-awful. I'm sending a prayer her way.
ReplyDeleteOh no, that is so sad. I can't even imagine what she is going through. Sending up a prayer for her.
ReplyDeleteThat was just hearbreaking! We'll pray for Sarah.
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by from SITS to say hi!
Stopping by from SITS.. that is the saddest, scariest thing I have ever heard. I was terrified throughout my entire pregnancy of this happening. I'll be thinking of her.
ReplyDeleteI can't even begin to imagine the pain they must be feeling. My prayers are with them.
ReplyDeleteThat is horrible. I got chills reading that right now. Prayers of healing for her.
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog on my Sits Day last week:-)
I cannot imagine. Something similar happened to a woman in our church this spring right at the same time that I had my son.
ReplyDeletePraying for the family.
Stopping in from SITS.