When I was growing up, my mom wasn't much into decorating for holidays except of course for Christmas. Because of this I really didn't know I was missing out on anything and therefore it really didn't concern me. After meeting my husband and getting to know his family, I found that decorating for fall was a fun and pretty thing to do.
My mother.in.law always decorated for Halloween and Thanksgiving so during autumn her house was always splashed with colors of fall from orange, yellow, burnt orange, red and deep blood reds. I loved it. I couldn't wait for fall to come around just so I could see the beautiful decorations and to see what was new for that particular year, which she always had something new.
So once I was married and had a place of my own, I made it a point to decorate my home to my hearts content during fall and Christmas. Whenever I was out, I'd look for cute and pretty decorations and whatever caught my eye, I purchased. After almost 6 years, I have a lot. And I mean, a lot. The only thing is, now that Evan is here, I've sort of lost my excitement over the decorating and wish it was magically already up so that I wouldn't have to deal with the boxes and putting away my everyday home decor. That part just doesn't do it for me anymore. As a result, I've put off the decorating to basically the very last minute and I'm a little sad.
Last year, I probably waited until the second week in October to decorate and this year, it still isn't done...and it's the 20th of October. So today is the day. I just put Evan down for his nap and while he does that, I'll pull out the boxes and thus begin the decorating. This year will be a little tricky in that Evan likes to touch E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G. All decorations will need to be a least two feet off the ground in order to keep them in their cute and pretty state. Those that just can't survive those chubby little fingers will have to stay in their cozy little homes in their boxes until next year when Evan's attention span has gone on to bigger and better things (hopefully).
Once I have everything up, I'll post a pic...I'm already getting excited! That makes me happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Can't wait to see pics of your decorations. I don't have nearly as much as I'd like to have. I really need to get back in the habit of shopping the after holiday sales so that I can start stocking up again!
ReplyDelete