Friday, October 23, 2009

fall has arrived!

Regardless of the temperature outside, fall has arrived! At our house that is!

As I mentioned in this post, it has taken me a little longer this year to put up our fall decorations. The excitement finally built up inside me this week and I got it done! After taking out over 7 boxes, yes, 7 boxes, and strategically placing most of the items throughout my house, it finally feels like fall.

In addition to falls arrival, a not so welcome pesky little devil made it's presence known. As I opened the first box of decorations, I was happily unwrapping the items one by one from their tissue paper homes when I came upon a puzzling sight. Tiny bits of tissue paper were strewn throughout the box and little 'droppings' were among the items. I finally realized that a mouse or several of them had decided to rummage through my precious decorations and eat through the tissue paper and a couple of my hand towels. Needless to say, I was grossed out and a bit scared. I immediately took all the boxes outside on the back patio in an attempt to keep any lingering rodents out of the inside of my house. Ew!

I emptied each box out carefully one by one and tossed out all wrapping materials and cleaned out all boxes. No 'Mickey's' were to be seen, thank goodness, but I can only imagine what my Christmas decoration boxes look like inside. I guess we'll find out Thanksgiving weekend. Blah.

As promised, here are a few pictures of the finished product in a few areas of my home. I just love it, it feels so warm and cozy inside!

This is in my dining room on top of a wooden entertainment center turned storage cabinet.

Happy Thanksgiving

This is my dining room table. I used to place this table runner on my coffee table but it's no longer safe there with Evan around!

Happy Thanksgiving 2

A shelf in the family room. My mother.in.law gave this 'THANKS' set to me as a gift last year.

Happy Thanksgiving 3

This is the buffet table in the entry way. It used to sit in the dining room but was moved into the entryway earlier this year. I really like it here!

Happy Thanksgiving 6

I just realized that I have a few 'Give Thanks' or something to that effect decorations. I guess I'm thankful!

Happy Thanksgiving 5

This is the hall bath. I used to hang a couple autumn towels in here but since those annoying creatures ate them, I couldn't use them. Boo.

 Happy Thanksgiving 4

And that concludes the fall tour! How about you? Do you decorate for fall? If so, do you go all out or just purchase a few pumpkins and place them around your home? I'd love to see pictures or hear your family traditions!

Happy Fall Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty! We have a bunch of mums and pumpkins around, and a wreath of leaves on the door.

    The apartment is too tiny to store lots of decorations...

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your decorations! They put mine to shame! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just found your blog~ cute! Your little one is adorable! I think Fall is wonderful and decorating for it can be fun! I made some fun pumpkins on my porch~ come check em out!
    Jamie
    lovelongtime.blogspot.com
    maddiemackdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin