I came across this blog this evening and this post. I'm so thankful that I did.
Many many times a day, I get frustrated with little man for things he gets himself into. Like turning the volume knob on the TV receiver every time he looks at it, pushing the channel buttons on the cable box causing 'Seasame Street' to be switched off for the 10th time that day, opening his bedroom door again and playing with the fan sitting on the floor or simply sitting in his highchair refusing to eat a meal he's eaten 100 times.
While all these things annoy me and let's face it, I have no patience for them, it's the way I look at them that really causes the annoyance. I should change my perspective towards these things. Such as seeing him turn the volume down as him investigating and learning, his pushing the channel buttons as being curious much like his father was at that age (or so his mother has told me!) or continuing to open his bedroom door simply because he can now as him showing us he's a 'big boy' now. Now those things don't seem so annoying after all, they actually put a smile on my face.
I don't want Evan to remember his mommy as an annoyed women who only scolded him for things that kids at his age normally do. I want him to see a mommy who loves him and allows him to grow and play and learn all the while trying to protect him from himself.
Now that's the way it should be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Love Kari's blog! She's awesome! as for what you mentioned in this post, I totally know what you mean. It's kinda hard not to get annoyed when our little ones are always getting into something but all those little moments are times I'm trying to cherish. They seriously grow up way too fast!
ReplyDelete