UPDATE: I just noticed that the photo just does not give my design justice. It looks so much better in Photoshop. Both the large 'e' and 'evan' have drop shadow's and 'evan' has a lighter green outlining each letter. Just an FYI! ;)
I was so excited today that I literally cried. Why? I'll tell you!
I have been self teaching myself Photoshop over the past several months and I think that I've finally come to a point where I'm finding my way around it pretty easy. Oh and it helps when Mr. Google gives me a few tips here and there!
Anyhoo, I've been wanting to purchase personalized t-shirt's for the three of us for quite awhile but I've been having a hard time justifying the price tag that comes with them. So, I went on a mission to teach myself how to create these cute little t-shirts myself and today I hit the jackpot!
With a few online searches and reading over several tutorials I came up with this today:
Like I said, I was so excited I cried and no I'm not kidding. I just love learning new things especially when I learn them all on my own! I called up a local t-shirt printing store inquiring about prices and I was surprised to find that it would be more expensive then just buying the t-shirt online. Wow! So what do I do now?
I'm glad you asked.
I confided in my good friend Mr. Google yet again and he showed me how I can make my design as an iron-on transfer and print these babies right in the comfort of my own home! How cool is that?!
I'm going to head off to the craft store to purchase some iron-on transfer paper and purchase a plain white t-shirt from somewhere (hopefully cheap!) and get busy with my new project! I'm planning to make one for me and the hubbs too! I'll try to make his more manly though so that he doesn't feel like a complete geek wearing his. Although let's be honest here...he'll wear it once....when we take family photos.
That's good enough for me!
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















That is so cool that you managed to learn how to do all of that. You're awesome! What can't you do? :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you! With the internet, I have taught myself so many new crafts!
ReplyDeleteI love making T-shirts! I can't wait to see how they turn out!!!
ReplyDelete