Thursday, November 19, 2009

wow!

Yesterday was a day half full of laundry and laundry baskets. Evan got his little eyes affixed to them and decided to start pushing them around with his toys in them (well actually, I put the toys in them, he did the pushing!)

Well today he had pushed one of the baskets next to the back slider and was crawling his way inside. I thought that that would be a great photo moment so I grabbed up my camera. But before doing so, I realized that I needed much more natural light from outside so I decided to open up the vertical blinds a bit. Up until today, all that Evan really knew about opening the blinds was how they swung open or closed from front to back. But today I opened them completely by pulling them all to one side. As I did this he made the cutest expression I think I've ever seen on him (well it's at the top of the list). His eyes got really wide and his arms and hands came up to his chest with his hands facing down and he said "Wow, wow, wow!" It was like he'd seen the coolest thing of his entire life....vertical blinds being opened! It was so incredibly cute I could hardly stand it!

Although now I've come to realize that allowing him to actually witness how to do this was a mistake. Since doing so, he's gone over trying to the pull strings and attempt to open them himself! Oh boy!

Lesson learned.

Oh and I was only able to get one shot of him playing with the laundry basket. Just after the first shot....my camera's battery died....oops.

evanlaundry

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! We used to go through the same thing with the vertical blinds with Alyssa when we lived with my mom when Alyssa was a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Kids are so precious when they experience something new! You're such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin