Wednesday, December 30, 2009

niles canyon

Today Evan and I spent the day with my mother.in.law (and his grandma!) strolling through antique shops in a little town called "Niles Canyon". I had never heard about it before so when my mother.in.law mentioned it to me I was interested in visiting.

On Sunday afternoon after church, Ben, Evan and I went over to her house for lunch and at some point I made my way to the kitchen sink to wash my hands. As I stood there, I noticed a set of four small glasses that had blue tulips painted on them. I asked Marsha, my MIL, about them and said that I thought they were so cute. She told me that her dear friend Chris had purchased them for her as a Christmas gift from an antique shop in "Niles Canyon". She said that she had had her eye on them for a while but couldn't bring herself to purchase them for the amount they were asking, hence the Christmas gift. Then as we were talking about them, she picked one up to give me a closer look and as she did, she knocked one over causing it to fall into the sink and break. I felt so bad for her. They were brand new (to her) and there she goes accidentally braking one. I kept apologizing to her because I felt that if I hadn't brought attention to them, one wouldn't have been broken. She said it was okay and that she would just head over to "Niles Canyon" and purchase another one to replace it but in my head, I had already thought that I'd surprise her and go on over and purchase one for her. 

Unfortunately, as we were driving there this morning, she mentioned that she had already driven there on Monday afternoon and purchased a new one. Darn! I couldn't go along with my plan but at least I'd be able to visit and see what this place was all about!

I'm sad to say that I didn't get a single picture of our adventure today but I will say that we had a fun time and Evan was hamming it up to all the women in the stores. In fact, the first store we visited gave him a sticker and one of their pretty business cards that was all laminated nicely. He did a good job at carrying them the entire time up until we returned to the car! When we left, we headed over to this new huge "JoAnn's Fabrics" store where my MIL likes to snoop around. I'm telling you this place was HUGE and they had such cute stuff up already for Valentine's Day. It was fun looking around and just visiting with each other. After that, we were a little hungry so we walked across the parking lot to this place called "Dickey's" and had lunch. They serve these awesome BBQ pulled pork sandwiches among other things and it was so good! Evan even enjoyed his chicken nuggets and some of his grandma's french fries! He did a good job! Oh and they serve FREE frozen yogurt! Talk about Yum-O!

Finally, we ended our adventures and headed back to her house where we played a bit with Evan and then put him down for a 2.5 hour nap! During that time, Marsha and I just sat around chit chatting and munching on left over Christmas cookies! It was a nice time! We ended up staying long enough to have dinner and guess what Veronica? We had breakfast! haha! She made biscuits, scrambled eggs and ham! So yummy! Evan even ate a bit of eggs and he hates eggs! I guess ketchup does the trick!

So that was our day. By the time we got home, I just put Evan right to bed and I snuggled myself up on the sofa and took at short little snooze before my San Jose Sharks (hockey team) kicked some boo-tay tonight! The hubby had to work late tonight so I was a little lonesome but all in all it was a great day!

Have a great Thursday and New Year's Eve everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a neat place and a really fun day! Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin