Nonetheless, we had a nice relaxing New Year's Eve/Day in the Watson household. My MIL, SIL and BIL came over to our house on New Year's Eve for Mexican dinner. I made chicken enchiladas and a ground turkey version. They both tasted good along with mexican rice and re-fried beans. My MIL brought over a bunch of left over Christmas goodies and
Once the clock struck 12 we watched about 5 minutes of whatever New Year's celebrations were on TV and then it was time to call it a night. I cleaned up the kitchen, started the dishwasher and jumped into bed where it was nice and toasty. Man, just thinking of that makes me want to cuddle up in bed and watch 'FRIENDS' on the DVD player!
This morning, we didn't get up until 9:30. That is a record in this household in that I'm always up no later than 8:30 to help get Evan up and ready for the day. I have to admit that Ben and I are really lucky. Evan has got to be the best child ever. 9 times out of 10 he doesn't make a peep to let us know that he's awake and he doesn't put up the teeniest bit of a fuss when we put him down for a nap or for the night. We have it so good and we know it. Hopefully this doesn't mean our next child will be the extreme opposite. We shall see...
Anyway, we had my parents over for breakfast and we sat and watched the new 'Star Trek' movie. Not my favorite choice but at least we were all together! After that we kinda just lounged around the house playing with Evan and taking short naps here and there. The only downer of my day was the fact that I've been in pain for the past few days. I've been having some issues with my big toes and since Wednesday my right one has been extremely painful to the touch, I'm talking, even putting socks on hurts. It has a fever in it and it's a little red and swollen. I was going to call my doctor yesterday but with it being New Year's Eve and all I decided to wait until Monday. I'm a tad worried. This all started about a year ago with the area at the base of my nail bed on my right big toe going numb. Then the left one started the same thing. For months they both were just numb but now they're starting to hurt...bad.
I've been taking Motrin a few times during the day and it takes the edge off the pain but it still hurts a lot. So if you would, please remember my toe in your prayers. That sounds funny. I need my big toe! haha!
So anyway, happy 2010 to you all and I hope your New Year's Eve and Day were full of wonderful memories with family and friends.





















Happy New Year! Sounds like you had a great NYE/Day.
ReplyDeleteWould you mind sharing your enchilada recipe? I've been looking for a good one.
And, hope your toes get taken care of soon! That sounds mighty annoying.
Have a blessed New Year with your family. WE love "sequence" I will say a prayer for you toe. Sounds so painful.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a Happy New Year's Eve! That's awesome about Evan sleeping so well too! I'm going to be a Mom now and tell you to please go get your toe checked out if you start running a fever or getting chills or feeling lethargic. You could have an infection. Hope it is okay! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a fun new year! We were like old geezers and went to be around 10 p.m.! Didn't even make it until midnight, but oh well, I felt really rested when I woke up so that was good!
ReplyDeleteBummer about being in pain. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. Being in pain is no fun at all!!!