Let's see....
I went to the doctor today to get my toe checked out. I left feeling very relieved and quite pleased. I saw a new podiatrist and I really liked her. My previous foot doctor always left me feeling brushed off and this annoyed me so I decided to look up someone new. I'm glad I did.
She was very kind and actually took the time to explain everything to me as she was doing it. Turns out I had an ingrown toenail. This surprised me because I'd always had my ingrown toenails be located on the inside part of my toe and this one didn't seem like the normal ones I'd had in the past. I thought I was just dealing with something associated with the numbness. At any rate, she fixed me right up and then sent me for a few x-rays of my feet to see if we could see what might be causing my numbness.
It was pretty cool to see the x-rays of my feet and all my bones and whatnot. It was funny too because I had had a pedicure for my sisters wedding back in September that had these little rhinestones glued at the bottom of my nail bed and you could totally see them in the x-rays! The doctor noted it and thought it was funny. So to make a long story short, the numbness is attributed to the shoes I wear along with how my feet are positioned. Since I'm on my feet a lot more now while wearing flats, they don't give me much support so my big toes are taking over some of the support and pinching the nerves. The feeling in my toes may come back, it may not. I must admit that I'm not to concerned about that because at least I know there isn't anything seriously wrong. I wanted to thank those of you who prayed for my little ole toe, as funny as that is, but I really really appreciate it!
..............................................................................................................................
Last night, I came across a fun little blog through another blog I follow called Tatertots and Jello. What a fun blog! She shares all these cute, fun and most of all easy craft projects. The two that I'm thinking of doing are a pretty beaded key chain and a framed mantle or shelf decoration piece. I headed to the dollar store and Michaels today to pick up some of the supplies and I can't wait to get started. I'm even thinking of hosting another giveaway featuring one of these pretty little pieces! So stay tuned....
........................................................................................................................
After seeing cute Veronica and her belly picture, I realized that I had never posted a belly picture of myself when I was pregnant with Evan. That was because I hadn't created this here blog yet! So in honor of pregnant bellies everywhere I decided to post my last belly picture that was taken just days before Evan's arrival.

I remember feeling so over this pregnancy in this picture. At this point I couldn't even remember what it was like to NOT be pregnant and I still had three weeks to go....or so we thought! Evan arrived at 37 weeks 1 day and it didn't come soon enough! haha!
.........................................................................................................................
Continuing with our little man, we had a nasty evening last night. During dinner, Evan got sick and threw up all over himself and his highchair. This is the second time this has happened and let me tell you that it is so disgusting cleaning up vomit in the tiny nooks and cranny's of a highchair. And this time, I can not get the nasty smell out of it. Yuck! Every time I pass through the kitchen I get a wiff and it's horrible. So to all you mommies out there, do you have any ideas as to how to get vomit stink out of a highchair? I need all the suggestions I can get! This is the model we have just for a reference!
...............................................................................................................................
So that's a little bit about what's been a'happenin' in our house hold. Now I'm off to catch up on my blog reading!





















Glad to hear your toe is going to be okay! :) I love the belly picture! So cute!! I really hated cleaning out all those little nooks of the high chair, under the little cushion thing and all, so I switched to a booster seat type high chair, that you strap to your regular chair. I really liked it alot better and it didn't take up as much room. I bet if you do a bleach water mixture and wipe it down really well, it will get rid of the smell though.
ReplyDeleteHope you have a great week! I need to go check out that craft site now.
I am glad to hear your toe is alright...you also look so cute when you were pregnant...all belly :)
ReplyDeleteBy the way....I love your new background ,it is really cute.
Leslie
www.livelovelaughwithleslie
Hey V! Great news about your toe. That stinks about the numbness possibly not going away. I had the worst carpal tunnel when I was pregnant with Audrey and I was afraid it was never going to go away even after I had her. I took literally three months postpartum to regain total feeling in my fingers!
ReplyDeleteI love that you posted your belly pic! You looked awesome and didn't even look like you were "over it," LOL!
The craft site you mentioned sounds neat and so does a giveaway. I will be sure to check it out!
Let me know when your etsy shop is complete - I would love to check it out!
ReplyDeleteI am glad your toe is ok! It's always comforting to know there's nothing major wrong!
ReplyDeleteI love those crafts!! I've seen that blog before, she is SO creative and I too would LOVE to make some of her crafts!!
Your blog looks great!! I have enjoyed learning how to tweak blogs!! It's a lot of FUN!!
I look forward to getting to know you better!!
Jen