Wednesday, January 6, 2010

10pm brownies

Yes, I went to the gym yesterday and today and yes I ate brownies tonight. But they were so good.

I was sitting here on the couch this evening reading through some of my favorite blogs when my sweet tooth crept up on me. I was very proud of myself when last night I fought it off for over 2 hours and I won! Woo Hoo! But tonight? No such luck.

I hopped up off the couch and said "I'm going to make cookies!" My hubby's response "You are?" After all, it was 10pm but that didn't mean a thing to me! I asked Ben what he thought I should make and he suggested plain ole chocolate chip cookies. But I wasn't in the mood for plain ole anything so I did a little search-a-roo on Mr. Google and found a brownie recipe that just so happened to require ingredients that I had in the pantry. Another Woo Hoo! I love it when that happens! So off I went making my 10pm brownies.

They turned out so good! Although I think they could have used a little bit more time in the oven. I felt like they weren't quite done enough but I was just too darn hungry for these bad boys to care! haha!

I thought that you'd all enjoy them as much as I did so I've decided to post the recipe! Enjoy!

brownies

10pm brownies (aka Easy Brownies made with Coco Powder)

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 eggs
3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt (optional)
3 oz chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

*Instead of the nuts, I added 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and then sprinkle some over the top of the batter before putting into the oven.

  1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
  2. Line a 13 x 9 in (33 x 23 cm) cake tin with grease proof or other non-stick paper and grease the tin. Melt the butter.
  3. Beat eggs with sugar, and add vanilla, flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt (optional) and melted butter.
  4. Add chopped nuts.
  5. Bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, approximately 20-30 minutes*.
          *I only baked them for 25 minutes and I thought they needed more time...just a suggestion.

Let me know if you give these a try! I'd love to hear what you think of them!

3 comments:

  1. Yummy!!!! I need to go make some right now!! I'm not doing so good on my "eating better" goal. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a sweet tooth...send some through the computer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The brownies looked yummy! I've had a horrible sweet tooth lately, I will be lucky to get through this pregnancy without looking like a house! The sweets keep a callin'!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin