I decided that it would be fun to participate in the 'Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash' today featuring none other than...Christmas trees! I just love looking at beautifully decorated Christmas trees so this will be fun for me! I actually already posted about our Christmas tree but thought that I'd share that post for this special event!
Can't wait to see everyone's trees! Merry Christmas!

So it's finally up! I stayed up WAY too late on Tuesday night (3am!) putting the finishing touches on it and the other decorations in the house. This is a brand new tree this year as our previous one lost one of it's branches last year when I was taking it down. We got a great deal at Home Depot and we were so excited that we literally picked up the last one just as someone else was looking to pick it up!
Our tree doesn't really carry a theme except for a family theme I guess. A lot of our ornaments bring special meaning to us because for one, we were married at the beginning of December in 2003 and received many ornaments as gifts and for several years, we went to Disneyland for our anniversary and we purchased a new ornament each time we went. Plus, I'm a craft fair junkie and always purchase a new personalized one each year.


Over the years, I've collected many of the Starbucks bearista bears. As a result I now have 8 different characters just for Christmas alone. Each year that I've been married and had my own tree, I've placed them all under the tree along with any other Christmasey (is that a word?) items I've received in the past year. I think they look really cute all hanging out under there and I'm sure my cats don't mind much as it brings them a nice place to hide when I'm looking for them!

This year is going to be tricky now that we have a toddler running around. Evan's already swatted a few ornaments off the tree and it's just absolutely irresistible to him to touch it. I thought the word 'No' was spoken a lot in our house but I've come to find that it is possible to say it more....a lot more. I've spent a lot of time in prayer this week asking the Lord to give me patience to get through this month and guidance in how to show Evan the rights and wrongs of touching things. So far, he's winning! I'll be praying more about this that's for sure!
Oh the joys of parenthood, right ladies???
Merry Christmas everyone!





















Your tree looks like something from a magazine! Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE your tree V! It's beautiful! Your bear collection is so sweet too!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about having your patience tested with all the little things our little ones want to touch. I am constantly having to correct and it gets a little old having to say the same things over and over! Hang in there. It does get better!
We have bells in our tree, so I know if little hands are getting into it - so I'm right with you when you say a toddler, and a tree can be tricky together.
ReplyDeleteYour tree looks beautiful! I remember what it was like having little hands trying to swipe ornaments from the tree. =)
ReplyDeleteYour blog is lovely and your tree beautiful. I remember when my toddlers couldn't resist the tree. Now it is the cat and dog, lol. Thank you for sharing :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Gail
What a beautiful tree. Thanks so much for linking up at the Holly Bloggy. This week I'll be featuring some of the bloggers who participated last week, and I'll be adding your tree to my list!
ReplyDelete