We got there about 2:30 or so and of course it was packed! Kids running around everywhere and Evan looking all tiny compared to them all! There is a room upstairs especially for infants and toddlers so we decided to take him up there for a bit.
Here's dad and Evan going up the stairs:

They have this table that has a cone shaped top that when you throw balls into it, they roll around until they finally spin real fast and go down the hole. Evan really likes that one and we couldn't pry him away from it! It was so cute too because there was this woman squatting down on the opposite side of the table (probably watching her little one) and every time Evan would put a ball down onto it, he'd look up at her, smile (or make some other funny expression) and laugh. He did it so many times, it was like he was doing it just to see how she'd react. It was really cute!

Here he is with one of his funny expressions! Kinda hard to see from the side though! Oh well!


Crazy eyes!

Towards the back section of this room there are a few different areas with places to sit and read books, huge soft blocks to build a castle and a littler room with a table that has some dishes and artificial food. Evan hung out at the table for a bit before moving on to a wall with rotating drawers with letters and other objects on them.

Here I am showing him the different letters and such:


There also was this cool little tunnel that ran almost the entire length of the room that had mirrors and other fun things on the inside. What made it really cool was that all along the ceiling were little white lights that looked like stars. It was pretty cool! Here's Evan in the tunnel. You can't see the stars too well since I had my flash on...bummer...

After a bit in this area we decided to check out the rest of the place and headed down stairs where there is this little water area. Here's dad and Evan while waiting for the elevator:

Now the coolest part was this water area. There was this cool tube on one side of the wall that sucked up these little plastic balls that you could put into it. After they got sucked up, they would be shot out the top and into this container of water with a whirlpool. The ball would then swirl down the water "tornado" until finally coming out on the side. Evan really got a kick of this! I took a really cool video of him but it's kinda long so once I edit it a bit, I'll show what he did. It was WAY cute! But for now I'll just show you pics! ha!
Picking out a ball...

Looking up at the ball being shot out of the tube....

His shirt got so wet over here but it was so fun! He was laughing and making the funniest sounds. He was so excited!
Then it was time to head home. But before we did, we stopped at the "Wells Fargo" stage coach for a few pics!

So, a fun time was had by all! I just love days like these when we spend it doing something fun that help us create family memories!





















You are such an adorable family. I remember days spent at our Discovery Museum whenmy kids were little. We always had such a wonderful time.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful memory for all! I used to love to take my kids to that type of thing. Now I try taking my granddaughters but as I get older I find it more difficult to keep up with all three of them!
ReplyDeleteAwww!!! I love the family picture! What a great time and a fun place, it looks like!! My girls would've loved that water thing too, I bet!! Glad you had fun!!
ReplyDeleteChildren's museums are a lot of fun for the little ones!! When we took Kyndra and my niece to one for Kyndra's bday they had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteHow much fun! We love our pass to our museum. Yours is a lot cooler than ours! I love fun family days like that!!
ReplyDeleteOOO catching those balls in that water...I bet he could have done that all day. Looks like a really neat place.
ReplyDeleteWe love kids museums. That place looks awesome. I adore that last picture of your family. You need to frame that one. CUTE!
ReplyDeleteEvan is such a ham!! I love those cheesey show us your teeth smiles!! The make me laugh every time I see them.
ReplyDeleteLooks like such a fun day!!
ReplyDeleteHey! Sorry I missed this post! It looks like you guys had a great time! Your Discovery Museum is SOOO much better than ours. Ours is nice but feels like such a rip off as the adult and kid admission is the same price and it doesn't have anything close to the fun things you mentioned here.
ReplyDeleteYay for making memories!