Nothing.
Then I did something that I do every so often to see the changes Evan has experienced over the past year. I went through my photos until I came to February 2, 2009, one year ago today. This is what I found:


I remember these days. You know the ones. The ones where food gets everywhere including ears and inside the diaper (how does that happen? Anyone?) I miss those days, as crazy as that sounds. While I'd prefer not to have to mop down my kitchen after every meal, I miss how Evan ate any vegetable known to man....in pureed form. Give it to him in it's original form....uh uh. Nope. Not gonna have it.
I was surprised however when on Friday night he ate some shredded carrots, something he's never done before. He tried some black olives and made his 'icky' face. So we can now cross black olives off the list. But aren't black olives something that children like because they can stick them at the tips of their fingers and eat them that way? We'll see if he changes his mind about that one!
Another thing that he did this morning that surprised me was point to me when I asked where 'mama' was. I asked him three times and all three times he pointed to me. I can't describe the feeling I felt in my heart at that moment. I've always wondered what it would feel like to have my own child call me 'mommy' or even just know that I am 'mommy'. Today I found out. It felt very special.
What about you? Can you remember the first time your little one(s) did something that warmed your heart beyond anything you've ever felt before? Here's a challenge, why don't you go through your photos and go to one year ago today and see what your little one(s) where doing at that time? Better yet why not create a post about it too? I'd love to hear about your stories!





















That was a beautiful post, thanks for sharing. I love reading posts that bring back those memories. Thanks for stopping by my new site. As for Brea's Mommy I am thinking about starting it back up and just blogging about life with Brea. I just couldn't keep up with the whole review thing so that is definitely out. Will definitely be back soon!
ReplyDeleteI LOL'ed at the black-olives-on-the-fingers comment. I still do that!
ReplyDeleteI just might have to do this!!
ReplyDeleteI do that a lot! Especially when Molly was a baby, she was huge! I hardly remember her being so big, it was normal to me, but now, I just laugh because she was HUGE! Time flies with our little ones!!
ReplyDeleteGood idea, Veronnica. I will see what i have in my photo archives. :) I have never understood how they get the food in their diaper either! LOL!
ReplyDeleteIt is fun to go back and look at how far they have come in such a short amount of time. they are amazing little miracles. Evan is so cute.
ReplyDeleteHey V! I've been meaning to email you all day but just haven't gotten there yet!
ReplyDeleteI think this post was awesome and you have such a great idea. I would totally love to join in on this one only remember what I told you about my old computer going caput? Well, all my old stuff was on that one, so I'll maybe have to go through some of the CD's I still haven't installed on this new computer.
I had one of those "moments" today with Audrey where she just melted my heart! She said Luv oo Mama for the first time without anyone telling her to do it! It melted my heart!
LOL about the olives. Both Audrey and Alyssa love them and I love giving them to Audrey on her fingers to let her eat them! So fun!
So cute! I'm going to have to remember to do a post like this once Dallas is a little older :)
ReplyDeleteHi Veronnica! I'm visiting you now ;) What a sweet family you have. Talk about a cutie pie! I miss the days when my older girls would eat anything and everything. Kam is still a good eater, but my older two . . . not so much.
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!
This is one of my favorite posts ever :)
ReplyDeleteYou are such a sweet mama!!
And I LOL'ed at the "icky face". Hehe!!