Thursday, February 4, 2010

lookin good

So yesterday, Evan and I traveled up to Los Altos to visit my dad at school. My dad is currently enrolled at Foothill Community College and is studying IT. Long story short, almost two years ago, his job was relocated out of the country so his unemployment is paying for him to start a new trade. He's enjoying it but the math is a toughie! I don't like math so it's a good thing I'm not in school! haha!

Anyhoo, my dad got out of his last class of the day at noon so Evan and I drove up there to visit him for lunch. We went to this little sandwich place in downtown where Evan refused to eat his turkey and cheese sandwich. Another 5 bucks down the drain...anyway. After lunch we decided to take a little walk around the town to see the cutsie little shops and I was on the hunt for a treat! There was this little place called 'Satura Cakes' and we popped our heads in to see what was up. While it was a cute little place, all the desserts were way to fancy for what I was craving so we moseyed on a little more. We crossed the street and I found the cutest little store called 'Gourmet Works'. It had all these cute things for Valentine's Day and other home decor. I was tempted to purchase a cute little wooden word art thingy that said 'Love' and was painted red with tiny white polka dots but I thought twice when I "heard" my husband saying, "Don't spend a lot of money." So I turned away with a tear in my eye and walked out the door. But man, if I was deaf, I would have bought that thing!

While I was poking around 'Gourmet Works', grandpa and Evan were outside enjoying the afternoon sun and cool light breeze. When I walked out, Evan was trying to pull himself up onto the concrete bench my dad was sitting on. Every time he hopped down (which was about every 10 seconds!) he'd say, "Ah!" and then climb back up again. He's so funny. Then I shot this studly little photo of him strutin' his stuff. Doesn't he look so cool? I mean really...

Evan in Los Altos copy

His Auntie Lisa (my sister) bought him those shades and he's finally getting to the point where he'll wear them longer than like a second! ha! He'll take them off and put them back on upside down. Sometimes he'll even put them on upside down and a little crooked and smile at us between the lenses. He's a character I tell you.

Anyhoo, that's about it for our Los Altos adventure. Oh and in case you're just dying to know, I did find my treat. On the way home, we stopped at this little burger joint and I got a large (yes, I said large) chocolate milkshake which I shared a bit with Evan and my dad got an ice cream cone and taught Evan how to lick it and not just put his lips to it. It was so cute watching him! He loves him some ice cream!

9 comments:

  1. That is such a freaking cute picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome little man...better not let my daughter see him or we're in trouble ;)

    By the way, I accidentally washed AND dried the cute shirt you made me from one of your giveaways and I feel TERRIBLE. Can I purchase a new one from you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you got to go visit your Dad, so sweet! Molly always wears her sunglasses upside down, always! But she leaved them on! I love his shirt in the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm.....milkshake. I seriously NEED one now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is the cutest picture. I love the editing too. Sounds like you had a nice time. You are better than me...you listened to your husbands voice in your head about money:) Maybe it will still be there next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! Evan is such a handsome young man! Hummmmm, knowing me, when hubbie said, "don't spend a lot", and I wanted it, I would have to buy it! Does that mean I am stubborn? Or determined? I have worked all my life and life is too short to worry about small things! Hope you enjoyed the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the sweet pic of your little man. So adorable him sportin' the glasses :)
    thanks for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness...I just checked out your etsy shop...and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Valentine Tee - Brookelyn.
    I just may have to get two for my twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!! He is such a little stud muffin! I'm glad he's finally getting used to his sunglasses. I love the picture!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin