Wednesday, March 10, 2010

busy

I didn't mention it before, but I officially became a full time stay.at.home.mom about two weeks ago. I was working (very) part time three days a week at the Gap. I had a fun time during my 15 months of employment but now is the time that I spend all my time at home being a mommy and wife.

Since ending my employment, I've actually been a very busy mama! I've been focusing a lot of my time on keeping up with chores around the house, making sure the pantry and refrigerator is stocked with food and just taking care of my family. I've also been busy with my t-shirt business which is exciting! Add on top of it, my recent enrollment with Weight Watchers, which by the way is going very well this week (I flubbed up a bit last week and gained a whopping .6 lbs! yes, that's a (point) in front of the 6).

Anyhoo,  I've been a busy bee around here lately and that makes me feel glad. I'm not sure why, but I've had this nagging guilty feeling ever since my last day of working. I feel as though I'm not contributing or "pulling my weight". My guilt is intensified upon my husband's arrival home from work. He's not causing me to feel this way, it's just me. I've told him about my feelings and his response is "Why? You don't have anything to feel guilty about." Which is true. But I do and I hope this feeling goes away soon because I just feel restless and anxious all at the same time and I really really hate when I feel like that! If you remember, would you say a little prayer over this for me? I know the Lord has allowed us this time for me to stay at home and I just want to be free of this feeling. Thanks so much!



On another note, St. Patty's Day is right around the corner and I've got my wheels turning with ideas! Last year I started a new family tradition and made St. Patty's Day a fun family day. I wrote this post, this post and this post all about it and I plan to have just as much fun and have just as much green this year! I'm really excited! I'll share more once more details come together.

Also....Evan's 2nd birthday is a little over two months away and I'm starting to get some ideas put together for that as well. I'm hoping to make everything myself with the help of some tutorials online. Anyone have any fun and cute ideas for a little boy's 2nd birthday? Last year for his 1st, we had his party at the park at the corner of our street but this year I'm thinking I'll just have it at our house. That way we don't have to lug everything to another place and then bring it back home. That was a lot of work! I'd love to hear your ideas!

Anyhoo, I hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

11 comments:

  1. Glad that you've been staying busy! It is such a blessing to be able to stay at home! On Monday, it marked five years for me as a SAHM. I love being able to do this but there are times I wish I still worked. I used to feel very guilty when I first stopped working about not "pulling my own weight" but I came to realize that the job I had at home was SO important too!

    St. Patty's day projects sound awesome. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    About birthday party ideas...I am at a loss for boy themes at the moment. I'm stuck in girly girly land with all things butterfly and glittery at the moment! :) Audrey's birthday is tomorrow and we're really excited it about it! Can't believe my girl is turning two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog for party ideas: http://karaspartyideas.blogspot.com

    I haven't actually used any of them, but they're so fun to look at. And a lot of them are people's at home parties so you know they're not entirely impossible to re-create!

    I think it's great that you're getting to stay home and stay busy. While kids are still a few years off for us, whether I'll stay home or not is something we've been discussing - it's a hard decision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt/feel that same way sometimes. Like when my hubby walks in I feel like he is wondering, "what did you do all day?!" But really he's not and it's me that puts that burden on myself.

    On a side note, I would miss that Gap discount! :)

    As far as bday ideas, my friend is doing a barnyard/farm themed one for her little guys 1st birthday. Each kid gets to decorate a handkerchief, and she making different animal cupcakes, and all that fun stuff. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm not good at creative ideas for parties. we're pretty lame here.

    yay for 'officially' being a stay at home mom. it's great fun isn't it?!

    because it's just easier here: what were you interested in doing for the giveaway? i'm going to do it with veronica's hats. and she's having them pick whatever hat they want for boy or girl. did you want to do the same thing? just let me know!! thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you are a Full Time Stay at home Mama now!!! Staying at home with our babies is such a blessing. I've been at home since my first was born, 7 1/2 years ago, and I *still* have guilt that I'm not "contributing". It's hard to feel that way, but I do know how important it is for me to be at home with them. Hope you find peace soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I forgot party ideas :) I recently found Design Dazzle and LOVE it! There are wonderful ideas over there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a SAHM is the best and most difficult job. YOu are contributing more than you know. It is hard when their is no money involved for our efforts, but it is much more than that. I have been one for 10 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything. You will get used to it and then wonder how you ever did it all while working too:)
    I like the site Birthdaypartyideas.com they have every theme you can imagine and party ideas for them all. I love that site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love doing boy parties. . .pirates, farm theme, tractors, etc. . .

    if you want to find some colorful walls try your closest downtown city.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you're getting to be a SAHM now. I understand how you feel about feeling guilty. I do too sometimes, because it seems no matter how hard you work, if you stay home, people have this perception that you don't do anything. I hope you will continue to enjoy it though....it really is the best job in the world! :)

    I don't really know much about boy's bday parties, but did you check Kelly's Korner for the party ideas post she did.....maybe you can find good ideas on there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new decision to be a stay at home mom! Feel blessed and being as old as I am, growing up I remember my grandmother and all her friends were stay at home moms (yes, back in the good ol' days), I think that is why our families are so close and stable! There is just something about stay at home moms, they focus on what God wants the true family to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's great you're a SAHM now. I would love to go down to part time but that's just not an option right now. But it doesn't really bother me b/c I love my job and our daughter is in good hands when we are working.

    I can definitely see how the guilty feeling can arise. Every so often I'll not work a Monday b/c I have to work that Sat and even though I get stuff done during the day, I feel like I didn't do enough.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin