Wednesday, June 30, 2010

slowing but surely...

So the moving is completely underway over here and our first official day of living in the new house will be this coming Monday. I'm a bit sad because we never really knew the exact day we'd be officially gone from our home so knowing this is hard for me.

Ben set up the movers and such to move all the large furniture on Monday but most of our smaller belongings are at the new place. It's kind of comical as we've basically left only the necessities here with us and we're realizing what things we do need that have been moved....like a can opener! We pulled out a can of veggies the other night and couldn't open it! Oh darn! hahaha!

Anyway, other than being sad about leaving, I am getting excited about the new place. I've spent a few hours over the past several days unpacking boxes, mostly in the kitchen and putting them in their places. I'm sure I'll change my mind about the silverware drawer and the pots and pans cabinet but it's just fun figuring stuff out. One of the most exciting things for me (so far) is Evan's room. I've stood in his room countless times planning where all his furniture is going to go and I've also planned a new area as well.

Last Christmas, my mother.in.law got Evan his first table and chairs set and so far it's had it's home in our family room along with most of his toys, large and small. I'm a neat freak and have decided that Evan is now big enough to play by himself in his room for short amounts of time so I'm going to be moving his table and chairs in there. Then this gave me a wonderful idea! I'm going to be setting up a little reading area in his room! I'm going to take two small bookshelves that we previously had in our family room and paint them white to match the rest of his furniture and arrange them around his table. I also picked up a cute little rug at Target today that is the same green as the colors of his bedding and other decor.


{photo courtesy Target.com}

Evan and I made a quick trip to the house this afternoon just so I could temporarily set it up just so I could see what it would look like. So far, I LOVE it! Love it love it loooooove it! I'm am just so excited about this! I wish I was little just so I could spend sometime sitting at the table reading my books! hahaha!

Then, after reading this post, I was so completely inspired that I'm going to be doing something very similar to my family room furniture. I haven't gone over it with the hubby yet, but I'm sure it will be fine. As long as everything still holds everything it should, all is well in husband world! haha!

I was, however, hoping that we'd be all moved in by the 4th of July so that I could make a yummy dinner and decorate but I guess that will just have to wait until next year. Hopefully we'll find something super fun to do away from home instead and then get ready for a party for Ben's 33rd birthday at the end of the month!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the move! It's emotionally exhasting but worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the emotions of moving. I got so panicky today when I saw our house pictures online for the first time today! It really took my breath away. But, I know that we both know that our homes are where our families are, and we can make any place we live a nice home! That sounds awesome about Evan's reading area. And oh my goodness, that is such a genius idea on how to convert a TV stand! LOVE IT!!!! I really love that whole pottery barn look. I'm going to keep in mind the strips of wood trick for some old furniture I plan on refinishing. Thanks for the link!

    I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend and that the rest of your moving goes well. It is fun getting everything set up, I bet! I can't wait to see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that moving is coming along well. I'm not too fond of having to pack and unpack but the nice thing about it is the opportunity to start fresh!

    I checked out that link and her transformation of that tv stand is awesome! Can't wait to see what you'll be coming up with. I'm sure it'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moving can be a pain but it's fun to be able to start fresh with decorating. We wanted to either move or build on but will have to wait a couple yrs but I'm thinking of doing some redecorating.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin