Another area that really needed a makeover was my frequent trips to Starbucks. It was disgusting how often I went, along with the hubby, and after a close evaluation, I realized that had to stop and immediately. I'll admit it was a little tough at first but after a few days, I actually found myself not really even thinking about it. And I also realized that it wasn't really the coffee (and treats!) I was wanting but the experience. So once I realized that, I knew it wasn't something that I really wanted or needed. That has helped out a ton! Instead, if I'm really wanting coffee, I'll flip on the coffee maker and make some at home. Not only has that worked with me but with Ben as well. He's been taking his coffee to work with him in the morning and surprisingly, he's really liked it. He's even got to where he asks me to set up the 'delay' setting on the machine so it's ready for him when he leaves in the morning. So cool! And I'm more than happy to help!
So as my little adventure, if you'll call it that, has been getting underway, I decided that it would be fun to add a new section to my little ole blog! Every week or hopefully with every new recipe I try, I'm going to be adding it to my 'recipes' tab, once I've got it all set up. I'm also going to be starting my own little meme with a fun name which I hope you'll all enjoy and participate in! I'm excited about this!
Until everything is up and running, today I'm going to kick off my new recipe area of my blog with a fabulous Cinnamon Roll recipe I tried today! I have always just made store bought rolls, but today I thought I'd just use what I have at home and make them myself! Talk about a money saver! And....they were good! Double score!

Glazed Cinnamon Rolls
by Betty Crocker
What you'll need:
Rolls:
2 tbsp granulate sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 1/2 cups Original Bisquick Mix - you can also use Reduced Fat Bisquick mix
2/3 cup milk - I used skim
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup raisins - I skipped this part
Glaze:
1 1/3 cups confectioner's sugar
2 tbsp milk
Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 13x9in pan.
2. In small bowl, mix 2 tbsp sugar and the cinnamon; set aside.
3. In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, 2/3 cup milk and 2 tbsp sugar until dough forms. If dough is too sticky, gradually mix in enough Bisquick mix (up to 1/4 cup) to make dough easy to handle. Turn dough onto surface well dusted with Bisquick mix; gently roll dough in Bisquick mix to coat. Shape into ball; knead 10 times.
4. Roll dough into 15x9in rectangle; spread with butter. Sprinkle evenly with sugar mixture and raisins (if desired). Roll up tightly, beginning at 15in side. Seal well by pinching edge of dough into roll. Cut into 1 1/4in slices; place cut sides down in pan.
5. Bake 23-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 4 minutes. Remove from pan.
6. In medium bowl, mix confectioner's sugar and 2 tbsp milk until smooth. Spread glaze over warm rolls.
I hope you enjoy these with your family! They are so easy peasy to make and this was actually the very first time I've made cinnamon rolls this way! Very good!





















The cinnamon rolls look great! Do you have an idea what your meme will be? I'm def interested!
ReplyDeleteCooking is starting to take over my blog so I'm getting ready to spin it off into it's own, seperate food blog.
Yummy! That sounds delicious. I would love to participate.
ReplyDeleteThe rolls look yummy! The meme sounds fun although I can't say I can commit to doing it, considering how bad I get with being consistent about joining in with memes. I hope you get a great response.
ReplyDeleteKnow what you mean about Starbucks too. It's def a guilty pleasure of mine. :)
I hear ya on the Starbucks....the only thing that makes me feel not so bad is I get plain coffee. Ha! Good luck on your new meme. I'm not good at cooking, but I'm trying to be better about it to save money!
ReplyDeleteJust stopping by to see if you'd finished your new blog design yet. Can't wait to see it! Hope you've had a good day and thanks again for checking up on me today!
ReplyDeleteaha! Another Bisquick recipe...I might just have to try this route next time! They look YUMMY!!!
ReplyDelete