Tuesday, November 2, 2010

christmas cookie swap!

this afternoon, Evan and I went out for a bit to get some fresh air and on the way we stopped at Barnes and Noble to snoop around. I just love looking at all the fun baking cookbooks especially ones to do with yummy treats! As I was looking around I came across a book called Cookie Swap and it really caught my eye.

cookieswap
The idea of hosting a cookie swap of my own has been tossed around here and there but now that I've found this book I have even more desire to host one! This book has all the information you need to throw a successful cookie swap party starting with the invites, how many cookies you want each of your guests to go home with, the decorations, theme and more! I'm very excited!

I'm thinking that I'd like to host a Christmas cookie swap sometime next month and invite all my girlfriends over for an afternoon of eating, drinking, laughing and enjoying each others company! I'm thinking that the theme will be an afternoon tea and I'll make coffee, tea and lemonade for drinks and scones, tea sandwiches, a quiche, cupcakes and other tea related goodies! I'm so excited!

What makes this even more exciting is the fact that I can actually decorate all girly! Since I'm the only girl in my house and I don't plan my own birthday parties, all my party planning is masculine and now I finally have a chance to use PINK, PINK and more PINK! Although now that I'm thinking about it, if it's going to be Christmas related, pink may not be the best color choice...well, we'll just have to work around that!

Anyhoo, I just wanted to share my fun find this afternoon! I'll post more about my party planning as things come together! Yay for girly parties!

10 comments:

  1. I had a cookie swap the last couple years. I was just thinking how sad I was that I didn't know enough people here to have one this year. You will love it- it's lots of fun. My only suggestion would be to make your expectations really clear up front (otherwise you get cookies you can't really use for cookie trays)- like use real butter, don't make a cookie type that you could buy at the store, etc.

    And a tea is SO fun! I used to have a mother daughter tea in the spring. It was SO much fun! I just LOVE a tea party. You will have to take lots and lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN SITE!

    I'm following back...

    -Carmen
    www.keepingupklapper.ocm

    ReplyDelete
  3. We do a family cookie swap every year and it is so much fun!!! But holy cow...you end up with WAY more cookies than you can eat or giveaway. But that's a good thing I guess :-) I'll have to check this book out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party! Can't wait to see all the ideas, themes, and goodies from it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! I can't wait to see it! I am sure it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a great idea... I'm totally going to do this with my mom's bible study! I always need new excuses to make cookies!

    Glad you said hi... you have a great blog here!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Newest Follower from Thirsty Thursdays

    http://the-mommychronicles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love going to Barnes & Noble! I usually look at all the sewing/craft books.....I'm getting a little collection of them now! A cookie swap sounds fun, especially since you'd get to decorate all girly! Even pink/green would be a cute Christmas theme :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A cookie exchange sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so want to do this!

    I'm following from TT!

    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin