Before I became a mother I had a lot of extra free time on my hands over the weekends. Ben and I did a lot of different things together and it was so wonderful to be able to just pick up and go whenever we wanted. It comes as no surprise that once little man Evan arrived, those days of coming and going as we pleased and quick trips out of town to visit friends became very few and far between. But when the very rare opportunity does come we take full advantage of it! Tomorrow morning at 8am I'm headed out of town for the evening to visit one of my very good girlfriends! I'm VERY excited about this!
This is going to be the first time that I've been away overnight alone since Evan was born and while I'm silly and don't like to break streaks (I'm really weird!) I'm excited to have a mommy break and unwind a bit. I realized last night that I had been with Evan nonstop everyday for over a week. Now that may not sound like a lot to some, I'm used to having some time away at some point every few days and I've been really feeling like I need some alone time.
Beth has a lot of fun things planned for us to do and I just can't wait to get on the road and get there already! It'll be about a 3 hour drive down south so I want to get an early start so I can get there in time to visit Avila Valley Barn before we head off to a baby shower at 2pm. Then we're either going to go to downtown San Luis Obispo and have dinner with some friends or we're going to have a fun evening at Beth's place having dinner with friends and playing games. I'm so excited! Then Sunday morning we'll get up and head to church and have lunch before I get back on the road to head home.
Beth and I haven't seen each other since late January when I made the trip last and it was a short trip because she's in nursing school and had a lot of studying to do. Before a baby (for me) and a husband (for Beth) came along, we visited all the time so now that life's very busy for both of us, we don't have the chance very often at all and I'm very much looking forward to catching up with her.
I'll for sure have a zillion pictures to share once I'm back next week but I just wanted to wish you all a fabulous weekend while I'm away!
Yay for fun girlie weekends away!
Friday, November 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















Sounds like fun! I need a girl's day away!!
ReplyDeleteHave fun!!! Enjoy your time.
ReplyDeleteFollowing you from Follow Me Back Tuesdays! Your blog is so cute! Please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com
ReplyDeleteXoXoXo, Nicole Mariana