Tuesday, November 9, 2010

i've been featured!

So a week or two ago I found this really cool baking website where you can submit different recipes you've done along with photos of it. I thought that that would be fun so I went ahead and submitted my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread I posted about last year from a Betty Crocker grocery store cookbook.

Well today I got an email letting me know that they chose me to be featured on their website and I even got a cool little badge to post on my sidebar saying that I've been featured! How cool is that?! The website is called Baking is Hot and you can check out my feature here. This is just so exciting!

In other good news....I finally got a call back from Evan's doctor yesterday and all the lab tests came back normal. Thank goodness! So it looks like everything is okay. His diarrhea stopped over a week ago but he still says his bottom hurts so I'm not quite sure if he's just saying that because it gets a reaction out of us or because it really does still hurt from the little tear his pediatrician found. If he keeps saying this over the next few weeks, I think I'll give his doctor a call again. Thanks so much to everyone who prayed! God is good!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, Evan and I took a little trip to the beach yesterday and it was such a perfect day to do so! The weather was perfect. Not cloudy at all and there was a nice chill in the air which I always love. We went to this beach called Natural Bridges and it's near the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Ben and I had our engagements pictures taken at this beach and I've always just really loved it there.

There weren't too many people out yesterday which was nice because it allowed us to walk around a bit and watch the waves. I almost didn't even take us because I had just gotten my car washed and cleaned on the inside and I didn't want sand to get everywhere. Then I remembered the galoshes my sister got Evan for his Halloween costume and thought those would be good to keep the sand out if I had his pants over them. Well it turned out to be the best thing! Not one piece of sand got in his shoes and my car was spared! haha! I'm so glad we went!

Here are a few shots I got that I really liked. It was a bit of a challenge getting any shots at all because I had to keep him from running towards the water or running away! This kid does not know how to stay put! haha!

evanatbeach2wm (Large)

evanatbeach3wm (Large)
evanatbeach4wm (Large)

evanatbeachwm (Large)

There was this couple sitting in some chairs on the sand just in front of the waves and from behind it looked so cool. It kind of reminded me of those Cor.ona b.eer commercials of those people sitting on some paradise island drinking their be.er!

coupleonbeachwm (Large)

Do you agree?

And again I remembered to snap a shot of us together!

evanandiatthebeachblogpic (Large)
Well, after we left the beach I asked Evan if he'd like to go to the Boardwalk and get a sucker and of course he said yes! Well, unfortunately, most of the shops were closed (it's November, duh!) so I just let Evan run around the arcade a bit and then we headed home.

I'm so glad I took him and I think we really need to go more often!

Anywho, that's my little update! Hope you're all having a fantastic start to your week!

7 comments:

  1. These pics are beautiful!! The close up of his face really captures his energy. They all do! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on being featured. Does that mean you please make me some chocolate chip pumpkin bread? It was worth a shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evan is such a ham!!! Oh and the pictures look awesome :) I wish I could go with you one of these week days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pics are fantastic:) Congrats on the feature too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures are great. The sky is gorgeous!

    Congrats on being featured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun time! I am trying to be more spontaneous like that with Molly! Love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a really fun day! I am glad everything is okay with your little guy. If he complains about his bottom more, you might want to spread a little liquid maalox on it. That calms irritation (better than diaper rash cream sometimes!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are just amazing LOVE your blog and will be following

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin