Monday, December 13, 2010

a new do for a new year!

Yesterday I decided to head on over to the salon for a much needed hair do re-do. I'd been growing my hair out for the past year or so and it was getting to the point where I just couldn't stand it any longer! My hair grows insanely fast so it didn't really take much time at all to do but spending 45 minutes in the bathroom styling it everyday was just not cutting it any more!

I have naturally curly hair and I've always worn it that way but after Evan was born, for reasons unknown to me, it started to go straight. Well, mostly just an ugly wave that made no sense. So I had no choice but to straighten it everyday and basically ruin the heck out of it. The ends felt so unhealthy and were breaking off so I just decided to chop it!

When I used to wear it curly, I went to Frank who knows how to cut curly hair and he always did a great job of layering it. However, Frank is a bit much on the pocket book right now so I just went to a little cheapy place and I think she did a great job! She straightened it for me before I left so I didn't the chance to see it curly until this morning after I washed it.

I love it!

It looks like the curl has returned! I guess my pregnancy hair just had to grow out before my hair could return to it's original texture. It feels so light and soft and bouncy! I decided to keep my side swept bangs just in case I decide to wear it straight some days but while it's curly I'm just pinning them to the side with a bobby pin.

Whatcha think?

haircut (Large)
This picture was just taken so it's been going all day so it's not as pretty as it was earlier today!

Anyhow, just wanted to hop on real quick to show off my new do! Don't you just love hair cuts?

7 comments:

  1. I love it! Looks great! My hair is sooo straight. I wish I had the option of curl or no curl. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! my hair has changed with each pregnancy...first pregnancy it was super curly...second pregnancy...super straight and then my third pregnancy...this very odd wave that doesnt go throughout my hair. maybe a forth pregancy will bring back curly hair??? lol i would love it if it worked that way. anyways...it looks great!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very cute! you look adorable! my hair changed with pregnancy too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I wish my hair was curly enough to wear like that. It's wavy in some places and not in others and I just end up straightening it all the time now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute new do!!! You have great hair. Every time I cut mine short I miss my long hair. But when it is long, I can't wait to cut it. Haha! Such is life :-) But you loot bootiful darling :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the curly look! It suits you so well!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin