I finished it on Sunday afternoon and overall the project was very easy but a bit tedious and very time consuming. I wasn't sure on one of the instruction points so I just kind of winged it but I think it turned out pretty cute! The only problem now is where to hang it! haha! I only have one wreath hanger that's already being used on the front door so I'm trying to figure out something else so that I don't have to spend more money!
Here's how it turned out:

I just love the three different shades of green and the "holly berries" really pop against them. To attach the rolls of felt onto the styrofoam wreath, I used plastic crystal pins and pearl pins for the red rolls. Attaching the polka dot ribbon really brought it all together and it's just a sweet little wreath and I like it! I tried to follow the picture on the instruction sheet as far as where to place each colored roll but gave up after a while when my eyes started to cross! haha!
Here's the instruction sheet:

If anyone is interested in making this and wants the instructions, just leave a comment and let me know!
Does anyone have any ideas on how to hang it without a door hanger? I'd really like not to spend money on a second hanger if possible!
How about you? Have you worked on any Christmas projects? What did you make?





















You could use a nice ribbon to hang it. I've seen people do that lots of time and it looks really pretty.
ReplyDeleteI was going to suggest the same thing as Sarah - in fact, you could use that same cute polka dot ribbon if you have extra. I saw the pattern at JoAnn's today and thought it looked so cute, but I knew, with two toddlers, there's no way I'd have to patience for it. Maybe I'll pick it up for next year though - it is really, really cute. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThat is super cute....looks exactly like the instruction picture! Looks very time consuming. I have no patience when it comes to crafts. Ha! If it takes longer than about 30 minutes, I get bored with it. :D I think you did a great job! I was thinking the same as the other girls, to use ribbon. Those rolled flowers would make pretty hair clippies and headbands!
ReplyDeleteWow this is gorgeous!! I love it! I don't think I would be patient enough. lol.
ReplyDeleteThat is so pretty and creative!! Nice job! :) Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! Here's my photo blog as well: http://bellaazphotography.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Totally Cute! I had the same problem with my 3D Star wreath! So I strung up graland & hung it in the middle...New Follower from the hop! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteWe’d love to have you on Mondays for the mixed bag BH @ http://www.beckhamandbloom.com
Have a great day!
Oh my gosh that is freakin adorable!! You did an awesome job on it. I'd love to make one but I so wouldn't have the time to sit down and do it or actually go get the stuff to do it! lol It's hard enough for me to find time to get things done now as it is!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that wreath!! So cute but yes - I can definitely see it being time consuming. I made a rosette tree & while it was easy, it certainly didn't fly by. Your family is just precious, by the way! :)
ReplyDelete