Thursday, January 13, 2011

what we've been up to

So I've obviously been on a blogging break over the past week. After my last post, I became even more sick and was in bed all day on Friday and on the couch all day on Saturday with the exception of a trip to the urgent care Saturday morning. I honestly can't remember the last time I felt this horrible. My throat hurt so bad and my body just ached everywhere. Anyhow, I'm feeling much better now and I've been trying to get caught up on laundry, house work and playing with little man this week.

Yesterday Evan and I made it out in the sunshine and went to play at the park. I brought along my camera in hopes of getting some good shots of Evan playing and since I have my new shutter remote, I was hoping to get some shots of the two of us together. Unfortunately, my remote decided that it didn't want to work for some strange reason. I highly doubt that the battery has already died given that I haven't even had it for a month yet.  Then Evan was all over the place and wouldn't listen to me at all so I decided it was time to head home. He didn't like that one bit. Ahhh...the joys of toddler-hood! I did however get some pictures of him playing on the fire engine that they have there. It was so cute because as he was sitting on it he would say "Too big, too big" and get off.

vasona3 (Large)

vasona4 (Large)

vasona (Large)

 vasona5 (Large)

He conked his head on the steering wheel here, poor guy...

vasona2 (Large)

We spent a little bit of time on the slides and with all the friction of sliding down, it caused a lot of static electricity. See for yourself!

vasona7 (Large)

So it was nice to get out and spend sometime in the sun. However, I was pretty happy when it rained today! I love the rain!

This week I joined Weight Watchers. I put on quite a bit of weight over the past few months and it's about time I do something about it. I know it's going to be hard but I'm hopeful that I'll stick it out this time around. I'm also headed to the gym on Saturday morning for my 9:30 step aerobics class. I'm looking forward to that because I had planned to make it there last week and this week but with being sick, I didn't want to over do it. So we'll see how things go and I'll be sure to post about my progress!

Earlier this week, I sat down to a new project. I decided that I thought it would be fun to make myself a necklace. I bought some chain, beads and other necklace making supplies at Michaels on Sunday and I'm happy to say that I completed it that night and I really like how it turned out. I haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet, but as soon as I do, I'll post them so you can see how it looks!

Anyway, I guess that's about it. I hope to get back to blogging this coming week and share another project I completed for Valentine's day. It has to do with the fireplace mantel and ribbon! Can anyone guess???

Have a great weekend everyone!

7 comments:

  1. A Valentine's Day banner?

    I've been in a crafty mood lately so I can't wait to see your projects!

    Glad to hear you're feeling better - being sick sucks so much.

    I've heard really good things about the new weight watchers - I love their new emphasis on fresh foods. Mark and I started a semi-diet this week of more fruits and veggies/less snacks and so far so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny about the static electricity :) Good luck on WW.....hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanging letter cards (like something you would hang for a birthday party)? Hmmm...that's a toughy. I can't believe how big Evan is getting! My goodness he's growing fast!

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking of doing WW again... ugh! I have definitely improved my portion control & veggie/fruit intake the past few weeks. Baby steps! Glad you feel better I've had a cold this week too, spent today in bed! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! Looks like a great park!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet words for us! I'm lucky to have such a wonderful bloggie friend!!!

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my that picture on the slide is just too cute for words! I love the look on his face, too precious!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin