Monday, February 7, 2011

grown up sleepover!

On Friday night I went to a sleepover at my BFF from childhood's house. There were no kids and all fun! As I mentioned in my previous post, I decided to make some cupcakes for the get together and I took advantage of the girly occasion to go all girly! It was so fun and I think these are my favorite!

cupcakes1 (Large)

cupcakes2 (Large)

I made the lavender topper with white chocolate and a pearl on top. I really like how they turned out and the girls seemed to really like'em too!

We met up at Heather's house around 6pm and headed out to The Spaghetti Factory for dinner. It was a nice time of chatting and laughing and we can't forget about the great food! I just love their bread! So yummy!

Here's a group shot of everyone:

dinner (Large)
From left to right: Catherine, Heather, Amberlee, Rachel, Becky, Lana, Kindra and me. 

After dinner we headed back to Heather's for dessert but before we did that, we went....toilet papering!!! haha!

It was so much fun and I haven't done that in years! We tp'ed a house of a couple from Heather's church who live just down the street from both of us. It was so funny because cars would drive by and honk at us! We're so old....we went at 10:00!!! haha!

Here we are getting ourselves ready by dressing in dark clothes and wearing funny stuff on our heads! Kindra painted her face and blackened out one of her teeth with chocolate! haha!

collage1 (Large)

Heather in her fun "head" scarf!

heather (Large)

And the girls got silly...no explanation needed!

kindraandheather (Large)

But before we took off, Rachel needed a sugar break!

rachel (Large)

Then it was off to go tping! (How do you actually spell that?!)

sleepover2 (Large)

When we got back, we watched an episode of The Office and then Benny and Joon, and oldie but a goodie! After the movie, it was around 1am and I was starting to feel very dry in my sinuses so I decided to head home so I could take some medicine and sleep in my own bed. I didn't want to keep anyone up with my constant up and down trying to blow my nose unsuccessfully. So I guess sleepovers aren't like they used to be! haha! I can remember begging my parents to let me sleepover someone's house! Now I can't even make it through the night! Geez...what am I? 100? haha!

Anyway, we had a great time and it was so nice to hang out for the evening and not have to worry about what the kids are getting into! Great time ladies!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! You are a cool Mom. I mean a grown up sleepover....I want to be like THAT someday not the type of person that sits at home twiddling her thumbs. :)

    My sinuses have been acting up like CRAZY for the past couple of days. Soooo not fun and I hope you feel/get better very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sooooo there next time! Looks like you had a fabulous evening together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Too funny! I don't blame you for sleeping in your own bed. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! Glad you could hang with the girls. I got to have some girl time on Saturday. what a recharge! Yay for girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! Too fun! I want to have one. ha ha!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin