Friday, February 18, 2011

a rainy cozy kinda day

While the rest of the US has been covered in snow, California has been enjoying bright sunshine and 70 degree temperatures! I'll be honest and say that, and I'm assuming I'm in the major minority here, I wished it felt like winter. I like spring and summer but I'd much prefer to bundle up and get cozy on the couch while listening to the rain outside. The wind along with thunder and lighting wouldn't hurt either. So when the weather gal said that we'd be having a rainy storm this week, I was very excited!

It's been pretty much overcast and chilly this entire week and the rain has been here on and off. This morning it's been raining and Evan and I have been hanging out in the family room watching Finding Nemo and taking pictures in front of the window. I love days like these. It gives me an excuse to not take a shower and sit on the couch under a blanket with my little buddy.

Watching the rain:

evanatwindow (Large)

rainonwindow (Large)

Intently watching his movie while I "hide" behind some picture frames:

evanoncouch (Large)

Humoring mama, but being oh.so.darn.cute:

myevan (Large)

Can you say "forced"? haha!

cheesyevan (Large)

So that's what we're doing on our Friday morning, what are YOU doing?

7 comments:

  1. Awwww these shots are so sweet - I love the processing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The novely of cold/snow wears off really fast. We hit 60 degrees today, which is such a nice change of pace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the world do you keep that couch so sparkling white? Man! It's so neat and... WHITE!! I love watching the rain! I told my husband when we rebuild or remodel our house I want a HUGE picture window so I can show off christmas trees and become festive and what not with that BIG window :) But god knows. I love "finding nemo" that movie is super cute!

    Anyway, Happy Aloha Friday!

    Anyways, thanks for the comment hun. You're also welcome with the Award. I adore your blog. I keep up :) Another thing about my quilt, this'll be my first quilt and I just bought random colors. Pinks mostly. But a hint of blue on some things. I'm worried about it that's why I keep procrastinating :( haha. I need to hop on it and quick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you saying I need an excuse to sit on the couch under a blanket? LOL! :D I like the rain too, as long as I don't have to go anywhere. And when I'm not trying to build a house. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had nice, well nice for Feb. in WI weather, ha! But today it snowed, sleeted, and snowed some more! I love being able to stay in my jammies all day and hang out!! Cute pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is what our mornings have been looking like a lot this winter. It's funny, because I am yearning for warm weather and sunny skies right about now. I usually can handle the grey skies of the Pacific Northwest as long as they linger, but this year especially...bring on the summer! I can't wait. We can trade if you want. :)

    Blessings to you...hope you had a great weekend!
    Holly
    http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin