Tuesday, February 1, 2011

something to soothe the ickies

At the beginning of January when I was at my sickest, my dad was a savior. Not only did he take Evan for me for an entire day but he brought me soup and some hot tea from Starbucks. I'm not much of a hot tea drinker but I needed something to help ease the pain in my throat so when he brought me a Venti Orange Blossom with Refresh tea, it was just what the doctor (or myself) ordered!

During that icky weekend, I drove myself to Starbucks in the early morning hours to get myself another tea. Dressed in my pj's and a black hoodie that was pulled tight around my head so as to keep others from seeing my bed head and make-up less face, I ordered my tea and headed home. It was just what I needed yet again and I was so thankful that my dad had introduced me to the yummy and soothing combination.

Over the following days, I purchased the same tea at Target however this time, I bought the Passion flavor in place of the Orange Blossom because the store didn't carry that kind. It was still really good and when I found out that my dad had had the Barista add honey to the mix, I had to do that with the Passion as well. It was so yummy! Then today, with my seventh sore throat since January 1st, I decided to have some tea again but this time I wanted to get the Orange Blossom. Thankfully they had it at Starbucks so I got a box and I made some this evening with the Refresh and some honey. I unfortunately didn't heat the water hot enough so it didn't soothe the pain too much but I think I'm on my way back to the kitchen to make myself a new cup and heat it up real nice!

tea1 (Large)

tea2 (Large)

I just love the minty taste along with the orangey taste in this cup of tea. Plus it's kinda cozy to cuddle up with a nice hot cup of yummy tea! I highly recommend giving this a try if you're suffering from the sickies and a sore throat!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE hot tea and really like the passion tea from Starbucks but almost 2 weeks ago I stopped drinking caffeine and oh how i miss my hot tea!! I've replaced it with hot apple cider but it's NOT the same!

    Hope you're feeling better!! Sore throats are the worst!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Refresh & Green Ginger when I have a sore throat!!! I am even to the point that I don't need any sweetness with it anymore. :) But, honey is definitely so soothing on your throat when it's icky. :) Thank goodness your dad introduced you, I bet it will be your 'go-to' when you're sick!!! Hope you're all better and feeling great!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin