
Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind words of encouragement on my post from yesterday. It really means a lot to have friends who understand and who are praying for me and my husband. I had been holding back posting anything about real life matters because I felt proud and embarrassed. But hearing from a lot of you, I know I'm not alone and we've all been there at one point or another. While it's unfortunate that things like this have to happen, it's nice to know I'm not the only one. So I just wanted to say thank you. Every word touched my heart and I really really appreciated them.
I also wanted to do a real quick update on my doctor appointment from yesterday. Disclaimer: the following is a tad bit TMI so if you'd prefer not to 'go there' please feel free to pass on the rest of this post. Anyhow, I finally found out what has been causing all of my sore throats! I'm a tad bit irritated that this all could have been avoided if it wasn't for the idiocy of the urgent care doctor I saw last month when I was really sick.
He prescribed antibiotics....for a cold. I thought I had an infection he was trying to clear up but I'm finding out that that wasn't the case. According to my primary care doctor, the place I went to is notorious for over prescribing antibiotics. You go to a doctor and trust their knowledge and guidance and all they're doing is trying to make a fast buck. I'm so disappointed. Anyhow, because I was on those antibiotics I developed not one but two different infections. The first one I was effected with almost immediately and had to suffer almost two whole weeks with trying to get rid of (think of lady problems) and the second was in my throat. A yeast infection of the throat. IN MY THROAT! Ick! Apparently the antibiotics not only killed all the bad bacteria but all the good along with it. So there was an over growth of yeast and it showed up in two places. So anyway, I'm so glad I'm definitely on the mend now and moving past this horribleness. Thank you to all who prayed for me in this area as well. Thank you Sarah for checking in on me twice yesterday, it really made my day!
Well, I hope everyone has had a nice week! I'm so excited for this weekend because I'm going to a slumber party at my BFF from childhood's house tomorrow night! We haven't done this in over 10-15 years and I'm so looking forward to hanging out, eating, laughing and staying up late...with no kiddos! Yay! I'm planning to make some yummy cupcakes for the occasion so I'll be sure to post all about it!
Have a good Friday everyone!





















Oh dear! I have been battling that same issue but add a bladder infection too!!! LORDY! Not fun AT ALL!!! Sure hope you're one the mend...
ReplyDeleteGreat books! I started the Love Dare, but put it down until I can really focus on it. Hope it is fruitful for your marriage!
ReplyDeleteGlad you are on the mend! I thought of you all day on Wednesday!
Blessings,
Holly
http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com
Ugh, how awful!! That cannot be pleasant to have a yeast inf in your throat!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are on the mend. So disappointed in doctors lately.
ReplyDeleteHave fun this weekend. Sounds like a great time!
I'm soooo glad you got these books! Love Dare is really good & so is the 5 Love Languages. We took the test during pre-marital counseling and I was just thinking about it the other day! You'll have to look at my Mustard Hearts blog because I totally referenced it!
ReplyDeleteI love you & I'm so proud of you! You're in my prayers always!!!
PS I even posted a link to the online test on my blog too... weird that we were on the same wavelength :)
ReplyDeleteam reading 1000 Gifts now....Love it
ReplyDeleteso happy to have some blog reading time while we have been snowed in...which is rare in our state....
Happy Saturday
teresa
I'm happy they finally came in! You'll have to let me in on it and tell me how it goes. I hope everything gets better for you. I've been thinking about you since your last post.
ReplyDeletePS - Be sure to stop by my blog to claim your blog award!
http://zimmermanlife.blogspot.com
For some reason, your blog isn't updating on my sidebar so I missed this post :( Glad you found out what's wrong and can feel better soon! Have fun reading your books....you sound like me.....I love good books!
ReplyDelete