Evan seemed a bit better on Saturday and Sunday and today in fact. After doing a lot of holding himself on Friday evening, I was surprised when he didn't mention his "diaper hurting" much at all. He did hold himself a bit on Saturday morning but as the day worn on, I don't remember seeing him doing it much at all. That made me happy. I got the lab results for his urine test on Friday afternoon and it came back negative for a UTI. That didn't surprise me in the least because he wasn't complaining of pain in that area. I requested that Evan's dr. call me herself and I spoke with her on Friday and we both agreed that she should see him again on Monday. We went in this morning just before 9:30 and she examined him again. Since she didn't see or feel that anything was abnormal along with the fact that he hasn't been complaining much over the last two days, we decided to keep on eye on him. If he starts complaining about it more frequently, she'll order an ultrasound just to check on things. Ben went with us and we both feel comfortable with this decision. It was nice to have him there since I tend to get overly emotional about things and I start to misunderstand things and forgot other things. Ben on the other hand is much more calm and level headed and can hear and remember things better than me. He's good like that.
So, that's the latest with Evan. If you feel led, please keep him in your prayers so that his complaining stops and he's feeling better. As a parent, it's hard to know that your child is in pain and you don't know how to help him. Thanks again.
In other news, Evan and I sat down one afternoon last week and colored together. We had a fun time and we actually got through the entire time without any broken crayons or many that had had their wrappers torn off! Why is it that kids like to do these things?? haha!
Here's Evan's masterpiece:

He's quite the artist wouldn't you agree? hehe
And here's mine:

It was a fun afternoon and we are proudly displaying our artwork on the fridge!
In more news, I've been reading Candace Cameron's new book Reshaping It All and it's SO good! I've been getting some reading time in while I wait for my step aerobics classes to start so I'm not that far in but so far there have been a few times while reading it that I've thought, "Wow, that's awesome!" or "What a cool way to interpret that." Candace has a fun and simple way of saying things and I appreciate that. It's giving me different ways about thinking about food and my body. I've actually caught myself thinking about the things she's said before I even eat something. And it's not a nagging thought at all but an encouraging thought. It's just a really good book. I'm hoping to get an entire separate post put up about the different things I'm learning so be sure to check back!
So that's all that I've got for today! I hope everyone is enjoying their Monday and again I just want to thank you all for praying for Evan, it means the world!





















That's good he hasn't been complaining of it hurting recently. Hopefully it stays that way
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they didn't find anything obviously wrong and I hope it continues to be okay. I started reading Candace's book too, but had to stop because I had too many books going at once. Ha! I will finish it one day soon though. It was good, what I read so far!
ReplyDeleteGlad he is feeling better!Hope it continues!
ReplyDelete