Our busy week actually started the week before when my hubby's car broke down on the freeway. It was a little stinky because he was stuck in a very interesting position making it hard for the tow truck driver to find him. Come to find out the timing belt broke ultimately causing serious damage to the engine. We went back and forth for several days on whether or not to pay to fix it or to just put the money into a new one. We were at first seriously considering just fixing it because it had been paid off for almost 4 years and it was just so nice to have a free car. We didn't want another car payment. However, when we got the final numbers for the cost to repair it, it just didn't make much sense when the amount was so close to how much the car was actually worth. So on Friday afternoon, we sold it to a nice young gal who lives just over the hill from our city. She had a VW Beattle that was in an accident that totaled it and our car was a VW Jetta. Since the engine was still good in her car, she was just going to dump it into our Jetta and not have to worry about purchasing a new car at all. It was a wonderful situation actually. Worked out perfectly!
So after we said our goodbyes (I cry about everything! ha!) we were on the hunt for a new car. We first were working with a Ford dealership in Morgan Hill, a city just south of us but we ended up purchasing the car we were looking for at a dealership way up in Richmond. We drove up there and back on Sunday and then again today to finalize everything and finally bring our new car home. It's about a little over an hour drive one way so I'm just exhausted from all the driving and deal negotiating. I'm thankful it's over and we have a newer much more reliable car! We got the 2011 Ford Fiesta. It's really cute! We purchased a simple car because really it's just going to be a commuter car for my hubby. We currently have a Honda CR-V that's our family car and we drive it everywhere. So going simple this time around was the way to go for us.
I took some pictures of it in the driveway this evening just before dark. It's just so shiny!

Here's Ben driving off to get us some dinner! He looks happy!

On Saturday my sister and I attended a wedding for one of our cousins down in Watsonville. It was such a beautiful wedding and it was so nice to be able to see family that we haven't seen in many years. My parents weren't able to attend because of my moms condition so they were missed.
The wedding was held at Pajaro Dunes. I had never been there before and it was just so pretty there. The beach is literally right across the parking lot and when the wedding party went down to take pictures, my sister and I followed them. We weren't able to walk down to the beach with them because it was so stinky windy and my dress was blowing up everywhere! I'm thinking it wasn't something others wanted to see! haha!
We sat on the last row so that I could be in a good position to take pictures. I'm normally really shy when it comes to taking pictures with large groups of people but I was proud of myself for just stepping out and doing what I love! I just love how they turned out!





I can't wait for them to see these pictures! I went ahead and uploaded some of them on Facebook tonight so hopefully they'll be able to see them!
Before the ceremony, my sis and I took a few pictures together. I had such a fun time with just the two of us. It's fun to get a little dressed up and go out together! I love my sissy!!

And one last photo of me! My sister's hubby asked for her to send a picture of herself to him on their phones so he could see what a pretty lady she was that day! I told her to take some of me too! hehe!
So that's been our busy week! I'm so glad everything is done with the car situation and we can get back to normal tomorrow! Evan hasn't had a nap in four days! I told him tonight that he's definitely going to have a nap tomorrow, his response? "No!" haha!




























Beautiful pics! I love the car too.....glad it all worked out!
ReplyDeleteLove the new car. Great wedding photos. You and your sister are so cute.
ReplyDeleteI always tell Michael that if we get a new car, I don't care what it is as long as it's shiny :) (That's so not true... but this girl loves shiny things!)
ReplyDeleteThe wedding looked beautiful, but I had to comment on how cute you look! I love the yellow sweater, your outfit, your glasses, all of it! You are adorable!
Your car is super cuteness!!! Love it!!! I love your necklace too by the way ;)
ReplyDeleteThe car really is super shiny!!! Bummer about the old car though b/c it really is nice not having a car payment
ReplyDelete