If you remember, last year I posted about another fantastic pancake recipe that was just delicious AND healthy. Can you tell I like pancakes around here? Anyway, earlier this week, my dad was telling me about some banana walnut pancakes that he had made for my mom and himself and it got me thinking, "I wanna make some!". So since I wasn't in the mood to made a normal more traditional dinner, I decided to make myself some of my very own banana walnut pancakes.So after a short little internet search, I found a recipe that sounded pretty good and that I already had everything for and went ahead and started making them. And just because I felt like having a little more fun, I went ahead and took pictures of the process and decided to make it a post!
Enjoy!
Banana Walnut Pancakes
(original recipe found here)
You will need:

Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.

Stir until well incorporated.
Place banana in a second bowl and mash until, well.....mashed.


Combine milk, mashed banana and egg whites in a second bowl and stir until smooth.


Add the oil and vanilla to wet ingredients and stir until combined.

Incorporate wet ingredients with dry ingredients and still until all dry spots are gone. Do not over mix.


In a skillet that's over medium heat and coated with cooking spray, add 1/4 cup of batter and watch for bubbles to rise and pop and for the edges to set slightly.

Flip.

Continue with the rest of the batter until all batter is gone.
Cut up some extra banana and top pancakes with walnuts and banana. Maple syrup is good too!

Yummy!
Banana Walnut Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 large banana, mashed
1 cup skim milk
3 egg whites
2 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp chopped walnuts
cooking spray
Oh and the Sharks WON!!! Woo Hoo! We're going on to the conference finals this Sunday against the Vancouver Canucks. They're #1 and we're #2 in the conference so this series will no doubt be an intense one!
Let's GO SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





















Yumm! I like bananas but not walnuts, but I might be willing to eat them anyways, those pancakes looked delicious! I make oatmeal pancakes...I will have to post the recipe :) I love pancakes and literally could eat them everyday!
ReplyDeleteYUMMM!!! I am so excited you posted this, because I'm a pancake girl through and through! (and photos make recipe posting so much more exciting!)
ReplyDeleteYummy! Think you could make it without the walnuts? I would love to find a healthy pancake recipe. Looks great. Love your last photo.
ReplyDelete