Tuesday, May 10, 2011

mother's day

Being completely unlike me, I didn't take one picture on Mother's Day. I brought my camera with me and even took it out of the bag but no pictures were taken. I'm a bit sad about that but today I decided to take a few pictures of the items I received so that I can remember them!

We spent part of the day with my folks and part of the day with Ben's family. We started the day having brunch at The Cheesecake Factory. I had noticed that they were opening early just for Mother's Day so I thought it would be good to take advantage of that and have some of their breakfast. I invited my parents and my sister and after helping our mom get ready (my sister did her hair and make up) we headed out. I had their yummy french toast with strawberries, pecans and Chantilly sauce. It was really good and I couldn't even finish it! After brunch we walked around the mall a bit because we just got a brand new H&M store and it's HUGE! It's so pretty too!

Once we got home, I took at nice long nap on the couch and then headed over to my SIL's house for dinner. She made a yummy meal and followed it up with some yummy cookies she made! I received some really pretty red and purple tulips and a cute card from her. Here are some pictures I took of the flowers this afternoon!

tulips6 (Large)
 
tulips8 (Large)
 
Mother's Day 2011 collage (Large)

tulips10 (Large)

tulips15 (Large)

My MIL gave me a beautiful pink hydrangea plant that I "conveniently" left at my SIL's house! I can't wait to put it in the backyard and watch it grow! I'm going to try my best to actually keep it alive! I'm just horrible with plants!

I also received some cards from my sister, MIL and my brother and his wife. I just love getting cards! I was amazed though at how much they cost nowadays! I went and purchased some last week and I couldn't believe it was almost $7 for one card! Yikes! Anywho, the ones I received were pretty and said such wonderful things!

tulips16 (Large)

And lastly, I received something from UPS yesterday from my hubby! I was so excited when I opened it and saw this:

zumba (Large)

I've been asking for this for so long and I was so happy that I finally got it! Yay! I can't wait to start using it and shaking off some of this extra tub tub I've been carrying recently! haha!

Anyway, it was a nice relaxing Mother's Day. I actually carried it onto yesterday when I didn't change out of my pj's until after dinner! haha! It felt so good though to just lie around and do nothing! It did feel good though to get showered and dressed today! I still did nothing though! haha!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a nice weekend - love the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing day! I didn't really take any picture either :( I toted my camera with me everywhere, but I only snapped a couple of pictures of the girls with their grandma when she was opening her present. I guess the day was just too busy ;)

    And yeah, I had the same thoughts on the cards. I love giving and receiving cards, but I may have to start making my own. I couldn't find many cards for under $6!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers!! Sounds like a great Mother's Day!! I can't believe cards are that much in CA!! I think they still go for about 3-4 here. I try not to buy cards except on certain occasions since most people just throw them away and I won't give a card unless it says exactly what I want it to say, so it takes me forever to pick one! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE having flowers in the house. They cheer me up every time! The pictures are just lovely! Cards can be 7 dollars now?! WHAT?! That is ridiculous.

    Have fun with zumba, I have wanted to try a class for sooo long but I'm too self conscious, lo! I'm no dancer, but I hear it's fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good mother's day. Those flower photos are awesome! Let me know how you like the Zumba. I need to do fun exercising to go along with my dieting.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin