Friday, May 6, 2011

party planning underway!

This year it has taken a bit to get myself motivated to start planning Evan's birthday party but I'm happy to say that I've finally gotten there! Yay!

I ultimately decided to go with the pirate theme simply because it would be a lot less cheaper to plan. I can go very generic but still have fabulous decorations and food without buying all the party stuff for a Toy Story party. I'm happy with my decision and I think Evan is too!

I originally was going to design the invitation in Photoshop and I'm sure that I could have but I just don't have the time to sit down and work on it right now. Instead I found this fabulous lady on Etsy who designs adorable invitations for parties and she had an awesome pirate themed package. The best thing about her is that she designs your invitation and then emails it to you so that you're able to print as many as you want whenever you want! How cool is that?! So I went ahead and placed my order and she sent me the finished product last night! I love it!























Isn't it so darling?! I was able to change the hair and eye color so it would be more like Evan too! She also has the rest of the pirate package to purchase for only $10 more and I only paid $10 for this design! Awesome deal for $20! If you're interested, you can view her work on Etsy at manuni.

I'm planning to head to the party supply store this afternoon to check out favors and other fun stuff so I'll be sure to post what I find!

Have a happy Friday and wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Cute invite. How fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!! Love the invite and I am sure all the other decorations will be fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! That's the weekend we're having Kaylee's party and I haven't even done anything for it yet! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be the cutest party!!! I think the pirate theme was a great choice!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin