A couple days later I was at the grocery store and picked up the items to make it and headed home to start in on it. I just loved how they turned out and as it turns out, so did my hubby! My plan was to take pictures and post this last week but before I knew it, all the goodies were gone! I wasn't sure when I'd get another chance to make them since nothing real special was going on but then on Sunday afternoon, my SIL and BIL came over for a visit and I knew it would be a great opportunity to do them again! However, once again, all the goodies were devoured before I could get my camera out! I guess I should be happy that this little ole dessert has turned into such a hit but I know I can't just keep making them just for a few pictures! haha! But then today, Evan and I were out and it came to mind again. I decided to go ahead and make them one last time (for now! haha!) just for all of you! I made sure to tell the hubby not to touch them until all my pictures were taken and he did not let me forget to take them! haha! As soon as I put my camera down, he was headed right out to the freezer for some!
So anyway, you're all probably wondering what this fun dessert is all about so here goes!
What you'll need:

Next all you need to do is place out pairs of cookies on a paper towel or wax paper. With the ice cream scoop, scoop out small scoops of ice cream and sandwich between the pairs of cookies. Squish down the two cookies to make the ice cream ooze out some so that you can add your sprinkles to the edges. Once you've squished down the cookies, pour out some of your sprinkles in a small bowl. Begin dipping your ice cream in them, making sure to completely cover all ice cream. After covering in sprinkles place all sandwiches on the wax paper lined cookie sheet and return to the freezer to firm up. Wait an hour or so and then eat!
Now if you're anything like me, you have very sensitive teeth. One sandwich takes me a good 15-20 minutes to eat because I just can not bite down into the ice cream. It hurts too much! But these guys are just good and too cute! I hope you decide to make these! They are so easy and I just know kids would love to help out!
If you do make them, please let me know! I'd love to see your creations!

























Adorable!
ReplyDeleteI had made soft chocolate cookies for Christmas and at the time we kept saying that they tasted like ice cream sandwich cookies... I should make up a batch and try this.
Those look SO good. Is it bad that I totally want one for breakfast, now?
ReplyDeleteOh yumm! I want to make this!Delicious!
ReplyDeleteyum! after this pregnancy i will have to have one or two of these ;0)
ReplyDeleteThose are so cute! Those would be great for a sleepover treat :)
ReplyDeleteYUMMY! Those look fun and delicious!
ReplyDeleteI showed Nate this picture, and he is super excited for me to make them... and to keep up on our visits to the gym! Haha...
ReplyDeleteI'll bet they'd be good dipped in Candy Melts on a lollipop stick! ;) My teeth are sensitive too, so keeping them from running down my arm is definitely a forethought!
Oh my goodness! Look at you getting all cute and creative. Puts me to shame these days! Have a lovely weekend!
ReplyDeleteHolly
http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com
those look so yummy! And simple to do too!
ReplyDelete