I can remember a time when everything, well not everything, I did was something I could blog about. It was like an adventure. "Oh, I can do this today and then blog about it! How fun it will be!" or "Today is flag day? I'll do some fun crafts to celebrate and then blog about it!" But lately, blogging seems to be almost the last thing on my mind. Don't get me wrong, I still love to blog. I love to do fun things and share them all with you. However, life has seemed to just happen lately and my thrill of blogging has gone to the wayside.
I miss it.
Some days I'm all gung-ho (is that even a word?) and pumped up to write something, anything and then there are others where I'm like, "Maybe I'll just end my blog. What's the point anyway?" But then I remember my love of blogging so I keep truckin' along. I'm always glad I do because once I get in there, I'm having fun again and wonder why I would have ever even considered walking away. So I guess today would be a good day for blogging.
Do any of you ever go through this? Do you and your blog have a roller coaster relationship? haha...that sounds funny.
Today I thought I'd just do a little update on the world of {:miss v:} and fill you all in on what's been going on around these parts. Let's see...well, for starters, remember this post where I spoke about homeschooling? Well, I have some exciting news to share in that department! After I wrote that post, my BFF from childhood was catching up on my blog and came across that post. She is the director of the preschool at her church and they are in need of an office manager. She contacted me about a fabulous offer to trade office work for free preschooling for Evan! We met last week and both Evan and I start on the 5th of July! I'm really excited and I know for sure that Evan will be more than excited! Of course this stay.at.home mama is a little sad simply because it just means that our time together just the two of us is coming closer and closer to an end. But I know that this is an awesome opportunity for him to meet a bunch of new buddies and learn new things. He'll be participating in childrens productions at Christmas time and other things so that's something I'm really looking forward too! Seeing him all dressed up in cute little costumes will be so much fun!
I haven't work in almost 4 years (other than my short stint at the Gap a year and a half ago) so it'll get some getting used to with getting up early and getting us out the door by 8am. But I'm really excited! It's just so awesome how the Lord opens doors to things you would never even think of! As far as after preschool, as of right now, I'm still planning to homeschool for kindergarten and on, but if the Lord opens doors for other avenues, I'm open to that as well. After all, He wants us to plan ahead and be prepared but at the same time watch and listen for what He ultimately has in store.
Switching gears...an update on my mom. Things have been very difficult recently and stress and worry have been heavy burdens to our family. My uncle arrived almost a month ago and things are just simply not working out. In an attempt to not go into too much detail, I'll just say that he'll be leaving soon (very soon, hopefully) so that the increased burden to my dad and mom will be lifted. I noticed that my dad had been acting very strangely over the past couple weeks as well as my moms mood has shifted dramatically along side that. However when I asked him about it, he'd always say things were fine or that my moms medication was the culprit. I wasn't buying it but decided to not push it too much. Then last week I found out the issue. Thankfully it's been addressed and things can settle back down to where they were before my uncle showed up. My dad came over for a bit this afternoon and he seemed much happier and overall well. It made me happy knowing that the problem had been taken care of. It's just such a heavy burden to carry knowing that your parents are struggling.
My moms surgery has been scheduled for the 1st of July, which just so happens to be my sisters birthday. I don't think I mentioned in my last update that the site of the tumor is not actually in brain tissue. Thank goodness. It's in the area between the brain and the skull. From what I gather, this makes it a much safer procedure than previously thought which is a relief. If I remember correctly, my dad said that the surgeon can possibly go in through her sinus passages to remove it avoiding having to go across the top of her head leaving her bald and with icky scars. So let's pray that this will be possible.
And lastly, it seems that cake making has become a need from me lately! After the cake I made for Evan's birthday party, my sister and BIL asked me if I'd like to make the cake for my sister's step-daughter's high school graduation party this coming weekend. The cake would also be for a cousin who graduated from 8th grade. They are thinking of a zebra print cake with hot pink accents which I think would look awesome. In addition, they've asked if I could make cupcakes for the guests. I obviously have no problem doing that. The party is going to be a big one so I'm anticipating lots of cupcakes coming out of my kitchen this week! haha! My sister sent me a few pictures of cakes that Heaven, her step-daughter, likes and I really liked them! I hope I can do her proud with what I can do!
So that's about it, although I feel like I'm missing something but I'll just leave it at that for now. Tomorrow I plan to do a little cake practicing so if I have time, I'll try to post some pictures! Oh and I've been meaning to ask those of you who follow my blog regularly that if you'd like to add me on Facebook, I'd love it! I've tried looking some of you up but I don't know some of your last names. So you can look me up at Veronn.ica In.man Wat.son (just remove the 'periods') if you wanna stay a little more updated just in case I don't post for a few days. Plus I'd love to be friends with you too and keep updated with you guys!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





















That's great about the preschool exchange! I hope that you both will love it! And I can't wait to see the zebra cake.....sounds like something I would love! I hope things get better for your parents and that her surgery goes well. I'm glad I get to keep up with you on facebook :)
ReplyDeleteBlogging can start to feel like a chore sometimes and I have a lot of the same days as you. But when I can look back a year or two and read about how I was feeling or what I was doing...I realize that blogging is priceless, especially if you write about something real and important...like family. So don't give up honey!!! You will want all this to look back on some day :-)
ReplyDeleteI have definitely felt that way about blogging before. it is hard to remember why I do it sometimes, but I do LOVE it! and the relationships that I've made through blogging. great update post. I'll be praying for your mom!
ReplyDeleteYay for the exchange for his preschool. How neat. Praying for your mom and your whole family. Can't wait to see the cake.
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord! What great news about your momma! I'm glad the surgery is scheduled and what a huge blessing that it's not in her brain! God is so good! I can't wait to see the cakes you create this weekend! Love ya weirdly!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, me and my blog are like that! Some days I want to blog and some days I have no desire.
ReplyDelete