Tuesday, May 8, 2012

happiness is homemade!

So I have this little habit. Nothing bad, except if you consider obsessing bad. When I like something, especially something new, I obsess over it. Over and over and over. I get so excited over whatever it is, sometimes I have a hard time sleeping...like last night.

After a long day with Miss fussy pants, aka Miss Morgan, I decided I'd go ahead with a little project I've had rolling around my head for the last few days. I decided to dye a couple pairs of pants in some wildly bright colors. A month ago I never thought I'd even consider wearing pants these colors but as my project album on Facebook states, I got a bee under my bonnet and I just couldn't get rid of the darn thing.

The beginning of my obsession started with a picture of some turquoise pants. So for a week or so I went from store to store in search of these pants but all, and I mean all, the stores I went to only had them in skinny. Now let's be real, I'm not going to even try to pretend that I should wear skinny pants.

So I won't.

Then the other night while chatting with my sis, I randomly said something like this, "Well, it would be funny if I found a couple of pairs of white pants somewhere on clearance and then I could color them myself!" and wouldn't you know, just 30 minutes later, I did just that! I was looking through the clearance rack at Target and there they were, two pairs of white cotton twill capri pants NOT in skinny. They were only $17 bucks each and I snatched them right up! A couple days later I purchased some dye and sat on the idea for a few days just in case I chickened out and could still get my 30 some odd dollars back. Well last night I just decided to go for it and I'm so glad I did!

First I did these....

turquoisepants

This picture was taken just before AND after my happy dance...at 11:30 at night. I'm just so excited and in love with these pants. Really it's unhealthy. But I am and I just need to deal.

Next came these babies...

yellowpants

I didn't get to perform the dance until this afternoon but I must admit it's much more fun during the day. I took this picture with Instagram so the true color doesn't show up well, but this is a darker more orangey (is that a word?) yellow which I love (think of the yellow in my cardi in my header).

These two pants just make me happy. I mean really. And my days just need some happy lately to go along with my beautiful and adorable screaming baby daughter. ;)

So what do YOU do to make your heart sing??

2 comments:

  1. that is SOO awesome! good for you. the colors look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin