Sunday, May 6, 2012

yummilicious chocolate chip pancakes

For the past month or so, maybe longer, I've really been craving sweets, chocolate to be more specific. Breakfast time is no exception so lately I've been adding a little bit of chocolatey goodness to my breakfast pancakes. It really brightens my morning and brings sweetness to my day.

This morning was one of those mornings that I pulled out my griddle and made these mouth watering pancakes. I get so excited just waiting for them to be done! Maybe I'm a tad addicted...? Anywho, I decided to share this wonderfully yummy pancake recipe with you all and maybe you'll add a bit of sweetness to your Sunday morning!

 chocolatechippancakes1 (Large)

Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Original pancake recipe 

1. 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2. 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3. 1 teaspoon salt
4. 1 tablespoon white sugar
5. 1 1/4 cups milk
6. 1 egg; beaten slightly
7. 3 tablespoons butter; melted
and my addition
8. 1/2 cup chocolate chips

When I make my pancakes, I like to sift all the dry ingredients together. This makes for a much smoother texture without all the lumps from the flour. I also add all the ingredients in the order in which they are written. Before adding the butter, I mix all the ingredients together so that if you add hot butter, you don't run the risk of cooking the egg. Just a couple tips!


These are a big hit with the kiddo for sure!


evanwithccpancakes (Large)


And as soon as this little one is able, she'll have herself some chocolate chip pancakes herself! This was just my excuse to post this picture of her this morning! All smiles


missmorgan (Large)


Yum-O!


chocolatechippancakes2 (Large)

2 comments:

  1. Those look straight up delicious! I made oatmeal chocolate chip pancakes yesterday for breakfast, we love our sweets, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super, super yummy!!! thanks for the recipe! :) hoping you are doing well. I might not get by to comment very often, but I'm still reading!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin