As with most mommy bloggers, this blog was started to document life as a new parent and the many milestones and adventures with Evan. Since that time it evolved into much much more and I think that now it has changed it's purpose somewhat and I'm excited to start this new chapter.
Thanks to a wonderful website called Pinterest, my creative juices have started flowing to overflowing recently and I think that I'd like my blog to become somewhat of a craft blog slash mommy blog now. I had focused more on personal issues before and I think that some things just need to be left personal. So with that, I'll be sharing things about the kiddos and also share what I'm up to in my crafty world. I believe in being a real blogger but I don't think I need to divulge personal issues to the world in order to do that. Perhaps just asking for prayer would suffice in place of details. So anyway, I'm very excited to start getting back into the blogging world and I hope that you'll all join me again!
So start off my comeback, so to speak, I'd like to share a little project I just completed today. I already shared this on Facebook so if you're my friend on there, you've most likely already seen this!
Anywho, like I mentioned above, Pinterest has been a guilty pleasure of mine recently (it took me a bit to hop on board, I just didn't 'get it' before! ha!) and while snooping around yesterday, I came across a fun project that I just had to do. By the way, if you'd like to follow me on Pinterest you can find me here.
Just like her older brother, Miss Morgan loves to be swaddled. Her little arms and legs just start waving around and startle her in her sleep so being all bundled up and cozy is the perfect way to sleep for her. We were lucky enough to be able to bring home a couple of the hospital swaddling blankets when we brought Evan home and I saved them for future babies. I busted those out when Morgan came home and have been using them every night since along with a few Swaddle Me blankets from Babies R Us, which by the way, are awesome! Well, Miss Morgan, just like her brother, likes to spit up quite a bit and it leaves me with lots and lots of laundry to do. Some nights, we're talking like 3 in the morning, all swaddling blankets are soaked with spit up and I'm stuck with what to put her back down in bed with. I've been considering going to the store and purchasing more but why when I can make my own?!

I found this fun and colorful idea at a fabulous place called MADE. As soon as I saw it I knew it was something I could do so I headed down to JoAnn's and purchased some muslin and four different shades of dye. I just love how bright and vibrant these turned out and I can't wait to make more!
I wrapped Miss Morgan in the dark and light pink colors during her very short nap this morning and she looked so darned cute! As soon as I get a chance, I'll take some photos of her sporting them so you can see for yourself!
At MADE, there is an awesome tutorial on how to dye your fabric and I just love the way she does it and it made it so easy. My swaddlers do have some unevenness but I can dunk them in some dye again to get it straighten out.
Also, I've been considering opening up my Etsy shop again but with new items. I'm putting together my ideas right now but I'm thinking of adding these swaddlers. What do you think? Know anyone who could use a bright and cheery swaddler for their precious little one? Let me know in the comments! I may just hold a giveaway if I get enough response!























I totally understand about blogging! I just do not have time to even open my laptop or upload pics or anything these days. But, I try my best to pop in and update just so I have those to look back on one day.
ReplyDeleteI love the bright colors of the swaddlers! So pretty! I love that Made site too. And I need to go find you on pinterest. I think it's fun....I like to find good quotes and funny stuff on there, more than crafts, but I love seeing what other people make!
Love those photos. Those pancakes look yummy! The swaddlers are so cool!
ReplyDeleteThese are gorgeously done! I just found your link attached to another link about dyeing swaddling blankets, and I'm in love. I want to do this for my baby-to-be this summer. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDelete