Saturday, May 12, 2012

happy mother's day!

Last week Evan's preschool put on their annual Mother's Day tea and it was so cute! All the kids in his 'Little Bugs' class put on a little bumble bee production for their mamas and the older class, 'PreK Critters', reenacted the book 'Where's My Mother'. It was all so adorable and fun!

After the production, everyone was invited for a Mother's Day tea filled with yummy food and drink! I had the wonderful privilege of photographing the days activities and got some fun shots of it all!

*Since some of Evan's friends are in a couple pictures and I haven't gotten permission to show their faces here on my blog, I've blurred them out out of respect. 

 mother's day 2012 (Large)

All the little bugs singing their bumble bee song! Evan loves his preschool!

mother's day 2012 4 (Large)

mother's day 2012 6 (Large)

Evan's Mother's Day gift that he made for me! I love it!

mother's day 2012 5 (Large)

The tables that were set up for the tea were so pretty with tissue paper pom pom flowers for the centerpieces and pretty glass dishes and glasses. Miss Victoria did a wonderful job setting everything up!

mother's day 2012 7 (Large)


One of the things that had me totally cracking up with the 'Mother's Quiz' that Evan took. His answers were so funny, especially the one where he was asked how much I weigh. 'She's heavy' was his answer! ha! Oh and apparently I'm good at the TV! Love that kid!

mother's day 2012 2 (Large)

It was a special day and I'm just so happy with how much Evan loves going to school! He's grown so much since staring last July and we're just so proud of him!

mother's day 2012 3 (Large)

Silly boy!

Also, this is my first Mother's Day without my mom. Seems strange to not spend the day with her. I had a rough time this week with Miss Morgan and I found myself really missing mom and needing her presence. She helped me so much when Evan was little and she was just such a wonderful listener and comforter. This afternoon I was sitting on the couch holding Morgan and my mind wandered into thoughts about mom. Even though she's been gone for over 6 months and I know she's gone, there are just those rare moments when it hits me again and I just can't believe it. I can picture her face, hear her voice and just remember her and I just can't believe it. She's gone and I miss her. I'll visit the cemetery tomorrow morning with my sister and dad and then we'll spend time together remembering mom over breakfast. It'll be a nice time but we'll miss her.

This is an old picture of me, mom and my sister Lisa. It was on mom's birthday. Such fun memories.

momandgirls

Happy Mother's Day Mom. You will be dearly missed on this special day and we will be thinking of you the entire time. I love you so much.

1 comment:

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin