On Monday, I made the dough and today I was finally able to actually bake them! Having an 11 week old doesn't actually allow for 'me' time when I want it. Anywho, when I was making the dough, I added a bit of gel food coloring to the ones that didn't get as vibrant as I'd like, I definitely wore gloves for that, and they turned out so pretty!
I went ahead and made all the colors of the rainbow which included, grape, berry, lime, lemon, orange and finally cherry.

I divided the dough into six small portions and mixed in the jello and food coloring. After being in the fridge for two days, they were rock hard so I let them sit out to soften a bit so they were easier to work with.

Then I rolled out 1 inch balls in each of the flavors and then rolled them in the rest of each of the jello packets. I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and placed the balls about 2 inches apart.

Once all the balls were on the baking sheet, I took a glass and with the bottom of it, I smashed them down a bit. Then in the oven they went!

So pretty!


The verdict? Very tangy! The cherry was really good and my sister said the grape was pretty good too! I haven't tasted them all as I type this but they'll all be gone in no time!
Jell-O Cookies
3.5 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 cup salted butter; softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3 oz jello package; any flavor(s) you want
Instructions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix together flour and baking powder
2. Beat softened butter in a separate large bowl until creamy
3. Add sugar to butter and mix until light and fluffy
4. Add egg and vanilla to sugar and butter mixture and beat until combined
5. Add in flour mixture gradually until all combined
Depending on how many flavors of Jello you're using, divide dough into that many sections and add 2 tbsp of jello and mix in. Then roll dough into 1 inch balls and roll into the rest of the jello packet. Place rolled balls onto lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart and if desired, smash down balls with a flat object and bake for 8-10 minutes in a 350 degree oven. Allow to cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes and then move to wire racks to cool completely.
Let me know if you give these a try!






















this is a great idea for cookies!
ReplyDelete