The results? Delish! It had kind of a pound cake texture, which isn't a problem with me, and since I only had about a 1/2 cup of blueberries to spare, there are basically a sprinkling of them in there. It baked up real nice and even with 3 bananas, I can't tell they are in there just by the looks of it. I really liked it and so did Evan!

In this photo you can see how the blueberries were really spread out!

Banana Blueberry Bread
original recipe
Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour - I just used plain old white flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
2 tbsp greek yogurt - I didn't have any so I just used some blueberry yogurt I had on hand
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cup blueberries - fresh or frozen
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk sugar, vegetable oil, egg, vanilla, yogurt and mashed bananas until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture and stir just until incorporated.
Finally, fold in blueberries and pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60-70 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Enjoy!





















Looks delicious!!! I love pound cake, so I might have to try that. We've been spending a lot of time in the kitchen lately too :) Now I'll have to go find you on Pinterest!
ReplyDelete