To show our appreciation for what all the teachers and school staff do all year, I decided to make them a fun and simple gift. I found a couple ideas on Pinterest that caught my eye so I headed to the store for the supplies and got busy crafting!

I just love these button earrings! They were so easy to put together and very affordable too! I already had the fabric on hand so that made it even more affordable which is always good!

The only tricky part for me was snipping off the loop on the back of the buttons. I had a hard time getting those little buggers off! I'm sure it was user error though! ha!
After I put them all together, I had to think of how to package them up. Looking around Pinterest yet again, I found a fun idea that for the life of me, I can't locate now but I was inspired by someone, somewhere, on Pinterest!

I purchased a tag whole punch at Michaels with, of course, my 40% off coupon and then found this pretty floral stamp and red ink pad. When I got home, I pulled out some pink scrapbook paper and punched out 4 tags and then stamped some flowers partly on and partly off for a unique effect. I really liked how they turned out!
Then they needed a card and as it turned out, I had some thank you's in my crafting cabinet that matched the colors of the earrings perfectly! It couldn't have been more fitting even if I tried!

Isn't that so cool?!
The next day, Evan and I took our gifts to the ladies and at the last minute Evan got all bashful and wouldn't give the gifts to his teachers. I had to practically drag him to each one and even then it was me who ultimately presented the gifts! I didn't get a picture of it, but I attached each of the gifts to the cards with an itty bitty clothespin and it was really fun and cute! I wish I got a picture of them!
I had a fun time putting this project together and I'm planning to make a few for myself! They are cute and easy and you can make them to match any outfit!
How about you? What did you do for your kiddos teachers this year?





















Absolutely adorable! These are so creative, and the little earring cards and matching thank you notes tops it all off. I love this idea!
ReplyDeletePS if you allow for name/URL commenting it will be much easier on us wordpress bloggers :). It's a silly OpenID incompatibility thing...
Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com
They're very cute :)
ReplyDeleteLove
/S / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com
♥