Last week our family had a staycation full of fun outdoor activities! Our original plan was to head on up to Oregon to visit some of my husbands family but that plan was axed because of Morgan's awful reflux and almost constant crying. I was sad not to be able to see everyone that we don't often get to see but we would have hated driving for 10 straight hours with a screaming baby. I know most, if not all, of you know what I'm talking about.
Anywho, so in place of our trip, we decided to just stay home and do fun things around here. It was such a fun week and I'm so glad that my husband decided to go ahead with a vacation anyhow. The first thing we did was head down to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. We knew that Evan would love all the fun sights along with riding some rides so we mostly hung around the boardwalk and then before we left, Evan and I walked down the beach for a bit.

As we walked in, there was this giant mural on the wall full of bright beautiful colors. Being someone who LOVES color, I made Evan and Ben stand in front of it for some pics! Just the sight of these shots gets me all giddy!





After all the photo taking, we picked up some coupons and headed over for some food! I hadn't eaten at the boardwalk in ages so I had forgotten how awesome their corn dogs were! Oh man. These babies were like heaven.




Oops...how'd that photo get in there? Oh well, she's cute. And that tongue has a mind of it's own!
The first ride that little man rode was a fun little boat ride. It was so cute! The back of his boat was called Little Toot. I thought that was fitting! ha!
Here's daddy and Evan waiting in line!
He he....
The next two rides were a truck and a Pepsi train-like ride. He was having so much fun!
Totally random, but I've been really liking the color turquoise this summer. Whatever I see that has it I must take a picture of it! Yes, I realize I'm weird. I've made my peace with it.
Fun turquoise bench...
After some rides, it was time for Evan to try cotton candy for the first time! However, he wasn't too into it...I guess it is kinda weird.
Just a fun pic...
Next we headed to the arcade and played some air hockey and Evan walked around pressing any button he could find!
I think we need another shot of this little cutie....don't you think?!
Then it was time for the beach! However, since we had the stroller for little missy, it was only Evan and I who actually put our toes in the sand. I was bummed but at least Evan got to walk out to the water for a bit. But before we did, I tortured Evan with a photo with mama! ha!
The sand was nice and warm!
Such a pretty sight! Too bad the water is so cold! Brrrr!
Then it was time to head home. The weather was so nice, not too hot nor too cold. Perfect. Such a wonderful day as a family!
Fun view of the boardwalk from the shore line...
And looking from the boardwalk...
Up next was our fun bike day at school! Stay tuned....














































No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!