Wednesday, January 9, 2013

mamas new toy

During my absence, I've had a chance to work on my photography business and it's been a ton of fun. During Thanksgiving and Christmas I ran a fun promotion for mini sessions and they were a big hit!

Here are some of the wonderful families I got to work with!

larioza001wm (Large)

agurrie008wm (Large)

olivares027wm (Large)

braga030wm

I got to work with a few families from Evan's school and I also shot people I hadn't met before! It was neat to see how my business was growing! Since I had grown in my photography over the past year, Ben and I talked off and on about purchasing a new camera. I had been shooting with my first DSLR since 2009 and had a great time learning all about shutter speed, aperture and ISO among other things and we both thought it was time for me to upgrade. I had been pretty much hesitant for a long time in that I wasn't bored with my camera and was pretty happy with my work. I invested in a lens and that was pretty much all I needed. But the time came where my growth needed me to 'stretch my knowledge' and that was in a new camera body. So a couple days after Christmas, he surprised me with thoughts of doing a major upgrade and I gave it the day to think it over. By that evening, I made the decision to go ahead and it arrived on Monday! I charged up the battery and did a mini photo shoot in little miss's room and all I can say is 'I'm in LOVE!'. Seriously.

These are a few of the first shots I took with the Nikon D600:

missmorgan1wm (Large)

missmorgan11wm (Large)

missmorgan13wm (Large)

This camera is so fun and I'm excited to spend as much time as I can figuring it out!

I'm hoping to get to work on my photography blog real soon but I'm happy to say that my official photography website is up and running! You can visit me at www.veronnicawatsonphotography.com!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!! I LOVE my D600. It is so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's nothing like a new camera or lens. I was so excited when I got my canon 60d. & I'll be even more excited when I get the mark iii. If ever. ;)

    Beautiful pics!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin