This year I decided that it would be fun to dress Evan up as a fire fighter and he just looked so cute in his costume! I purchased his outfit at Carter's at 60% off which was awesome! It didn't come with a hat so I went on the hunt for one and was lucky enough to find one at the pumpkin patch in Half Moon Bay when my dad and I took him a week or so ago and it was only $2!!! For the boots, my sister picked them up for him at Walmart earlier this week and it just completed the outfit so perfectly!
Here he is sportin' his costume while trick or treating!

Getting his loot!

I've been lucky recently to remember to have someone take pictures so that I can actually be in some!

Some of the candy he got were some suckers which are Evan's favorite! He gets one every Sunday after Sunday School so he love'em! I tried to get him to wait until after lunch but obviously I didn't win!

Just before we headed home, Evan spotted this really cool bus station bench that was all painted up and decided to take a little rest and check out what he got! I loved this bench! This is giving me ideas for some photo opps for future sessions!

Before we got home, we stopped at Grandma and Grandpa's house so they could see Evan in his costume! It was so perfect when Evan picked up my dad's garden hose and started pulling it towards the street! It totally looked like he was on the job! haha!

When we finally got home, I put Evan down for his nap and I got busy finishing up the rest of the treats and food for our Halloween get together with my in-laws. I spent a few days during the week putting some of the treats together so that I wouldn't be swamped the day of and actually relax and have fun!
I set up the dining room with all the fun Halloween decorations and I just love how it turned out! I'm not into all the scary stuff so my theme was fun, bright and colorful! I think I was successful!
Here's the table all dressed up!

I just love how I accidentally came up with this idea to decorate the streamers! I think it makes it seem more full and decorated!



My sister made this really yummy orange drink that looked so cool with the black licorice straws! Really cool sis!

From my 'Taste of Home' Halloween magazine, I found this fun recipe for caramel apple dip with these granny smith applies sliced vertically and the center punched out with a pumpkin cookie cutter. They were a huge hit! I made these the night before and with a little lemon juice they actually stayed pretty true to color which surprised me!

For the treats I made caramel covered apples which turned out really yummy and some chocolate covered pretzel rods and mini pretzels. I dressed them up with some Halloween colored jimmies and I thought they were so cute! And they were SO easy to make!

I also made some spooky Halloween cupcakes which I decorated with some fun pumpkin and spider decorations that I got on clearance at Michaels!

My sis.in.law made her really cute graveyard pudding pie and it was so cute! She made it last year as well and I just love it!

When my mother.in.law showed up, she brought over one of my husbands old Halloween costumes from when he was Evan's age. She made it and she was just dying to see Evan in it! He was so cute!

How cool is that? Who would have thought that his daddy's Halloween costume would one day be worn by his very own son?! So cool!
Here is Auntie Kathleen and Evan cheesin' it up!

And me tasting the yummy punch my sister made! So good!

The night went on with some 'Rock Band' where I "played" the drums, my hubby "played" the keyboard, Kathleen "played" the bass and Mark, my brother.in.law, "played" the guitar. It was so fun and I didn't want it to end!
After cleaning up and getting ready for bed, I hit the pillow and was out like a light! I just love entertaining and putting together fun little treats for everyone! I can't wait for the next shindig! Thanks guys for coming and making it a fun memorable evening!
Happy Halloween!





















Willow Glen seems like a old-fashioned, adorable, kid-friendly neighborhood...so the event is perfect for it.
ReplyDeleteYour little guy looks adorable!
That bench is SO awesome! You could take some way cool pictures there.
ReplyDeleteI have a bunch of my old Halloween costumes I am hoping Baby Robbins (and siblings, cross your fingers) can someday where.
Your Halloween table looks SO good!! Very festive! I bet Evan loves when you decorate for the holidays. Such fun memories.
Wow! Great pictures and party! Your blog is so nice! Glad I stopped over to visit! We are your newest followers! Hope you have a super fun day!
ReplyDeleteCome visit us any time at
Just Married with Coupons
-Dawn
Oh, he makes the cutest firefighter! And I love that pic of the both of you together. So precious!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time! I love the little fireman! Your party looked like a big hit and you did an awesome job putting it all together!!
ReplyDeleteI love his costume. So cute. And that bench? it is awesome!!
ReplyDeleteI am sad I missed your party. Looks like so much fun. Can you fly here and throw Dustyn's 3rd birthday for me please. :)
your blog is TOO cute. thanks for visiting, proud to be following you! (:
ReplyDeleteI love Evan's costume! And those pics are so bright and vivid! Love the one with the water hose :) And the party treats all look great! Love the graveyard cake and those apples are neat!
ReplyDelete