Friday, February 24, 2012

baby girls nursery

A few weeks ago we moved Evan over to his 'big boy' room and started setting up the nursery. Since we just moved him straight from his crib to his toddler bed, it was so nice not to have to put together any furniture! Just moved him and his toys and clothing to the next room and instant nursery! Yay!

I had a difficult time trying to find a crib bedding set that I liked but eventually settled on this one:


And I just saw that it is now on clearance...darn you Target! 

I really liked the quilt and the simplicity of it really gave me an opportunity to add my own theme which I chose of owls and birds. The colors are soft yet bright which I really like and I just really like this set!

We switched the furniture around from how we had it arranged for Evan and after that I got down to business with decorating!

Here's a shot of most of the room coming from the hallway. All the furniture was in Evan's nursery and the only things I need/want to change are the fabric liners in the baskets on the changing table. The top two are a black and white gingham which went along with his bumble bee theme and the bottom two are yellow and white striped that I'll just keep as there's yellow in the new bedding. 

room5wm (Large)

I just really really love the bedding. Very sweet and soft, just how I imagine our little girl to be!

crib2wm (Large)

Here's a shot facing away from the closet:

room7wm (Large)

The armoire filled with all the goodies from the shower!

room4wm (Large)

My sister gave me this adorable owl pillow!

owlwm (Large)

My MIL made this beautiful quilt for baby girl and I just love it!

quiltwm (Large)

A long time friend and her mom gave me this pretty rag quilt that is so soft!

ragquiltwm (Large)

One of my cousins wife's mom made this pretty crocheted blanket which just so happened to match the nursery colors perfectly!

crochetedblanketwm (Large)

Here's a shot looking towards the closet:

room2wm (Large)

And another shot from the hallway!

room6wm (Large)

I made that 'sweet dreams' bunting that's hanging from the ceiling but it didn't come out completely like I envisioned. My Cricut doesn't cut bigger than 5.5 inches so it's a little small but it's still cute in my book! haha!

I found some fun and cute nursery ideas on Pinterest and made a few things to go on the wall. I made this pretty framed art with her name and I added an owl to it. I found the idea here

 frame2

I also made this framed art that I just made in Photoshop and printed on my own printer. I added the bird and flowers from a cartridge on my Cricut. The idea can be found here

frame1wm

And this is the entire wall that was inspired by this pin on Pinterest.

frames

I also put her name above her bed by using my Cricut again and some fun scrapbook paper from the scrapbooking store.

name letters2

I also have two small white shelves that I plan to hang somewhere! I'm going to reuse the bumble bee mobile from Evan's nursery by removing the bees and adding some owls, birds and flowers made from my Cricut. My MIL gave me the Create A Critter cartridge for Christmas and I just have really been having a lot of fun with it!

So I guess that's about it! My sweet bloggie friend Sarah (her blog is private) sent me some pretty rose colored black out curtains to hang up as well and I've just got to get hubby to do that for me! Do you see them sitting in the crib in the above pic? hehe!

Next, I'm working on a post about Evan's 'big boy' room that turned out really cute! Stay tuned.....

5 comments:

  1. It looks SO good! I'm so glad the curtains match. The pinks look totally the same from the picture! Now all you need is a squishy little one to put in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! The anticipation of a new baby is so exciting!!! The nursery is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! So cute! Good job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love everything about it! Sweet and precious, just like she will be! I am totally in love with anything with owls or birdies too! So adorable! Can't wait to see her sweet face on here in a couple of weeks. You did a great job on the art and bunting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the colors and the frames on the wall!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin