Monday, July 9, 2012

my boy

So Evan has been in preschool for one year last Thursday, July 5th! Yay! We survived the first year and he has just done so well!

You should have seen him when he was first going. He was all over the place. Not sitting with the group. Getting up, running around (playing the drums...). Now he raises his hand and asks to be excused from the table. When it's his turn, he prays over his breakfast and/or lunch (it's so adorable!). He (at least I think) waits to be called on before shouting out an answer (I'll have to ask Miss Heather about this one!). And so much more! I'm just so proud of him!

When we were leaving for school last Thursday, I snapped a picture of him to compare from last year.  When I uploaded it to my computer and had them side by side I just couldn't believe how big he's gotten! I mean, I see him everyday and I know he's gotten bigger, but man, he looks like such a baby in last year's picture! Time is just flying and it's all just so bitter sweet.

growing up!collage

Just before Father's Day, the preschool had their annual Father's Day BBQ and PreK graduation at a park in the neighborhood. It was really cute! They had a cute little ceremony for the Little Bugs who were promoting to the PreK class and here's Evan with his teacher getting his promotion certificate!

promotionday!

During the BBQ portion of the evening, all the kids put on a little show for the daddy's and at the very end, Evan had a little speaking part which I didn't know about! Here he is during his 15 seconds of fame! ha!

promotionday32

The song they were singing was about them all going on a lion hunt and after all the detours of the song Evan said at the very end, "I guess we'll look for the lion tomorrow!" or something along those lines. So cute!

So our first year of preschool was a success and Evan has had such a fun time meeting all new friends and learning to be a polite young man.

Congratulations on promoting to the PreK Critters son! We love you so much and we're so proud of you!

1 comment:

  1. He has changed so much...such a cutie! Beautiful pictures as always!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments! Be sure to let me know you stopped by!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin